Re: ASP11 How to use Frame by Frame with layers and masking

Post by funksmaname »

Bloomin' marvellous.
Boomin' Mellonous?
8)
chucky

Post by chucky »

negroclarito wrote:Pencil in AS has improved a lot... but is not very accurate to make sharp lines (zig zag).
This is a good way to make frame by frame.
Thank you for sharing. :D :D :D
Freehand with no smoothing does give the most accurate result, personally I would like to see pointing added.
Using what I call the Gothic arch test, pointing ( or something like it ) would help a great deal.
Rather than little clusters of points trying to describe a sharp turn, curve value would be much better.
This is probably a challenging thing to program, but as we know ASP just keeps improving in leaps and bounds.
I'm sure this should be high on the list for future point releases, especially if enough noise is made about it.
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Wow. That video explains it pretty thoroughly. I can't help feeling that AS has "arrived" with this release. A pretty serious contender now.
cableon

Post by cableon »

Thanks a LOT Chucky for both your explainations AND the reference layer stack indeed!! Been using the same masking method for shades in vector animation, but your own package makes things much more efficient and handy for FBF animation.

As for the videos themselves, the official webinar and the watermelon one, great job too!! As many others I guess, I would have easily stood another full 60-minute overlook on the numerous points announced at the beginning of the official webinar, especially on the matter of intervals : the time constraints of a such live demonstration are of course fully understandable (not to mention that you obviously endured an upcoming flu :) ), yet ASP11's tremendous new features &potentialities, plus your own excellent additions, live drawing and very wise & inspiring suggestions regarding personal tweaks & methods, would perhaps have deserved a longer session -- without anyone ever risking to get bored at all. :)

As for the specific matter of setting up intervals, having myself only started to explore FBF animation in ASP11, I have found it a little bit tricky to include intervals between keyframes so far, sometimes getting messed up with inverted frames and whatnot : could a specific tutorial on that topic therefore be imaginable, with a basic & accurate method demonstration of how to properly include inbetweens for instance ?

Also of course, as you pointed it out above, any programmer coming with a brilliant and simple script to dynamically renumber all the layers of a FBF folder in their order of appearance in the timeline, instead of their chronological order of creation, would probably be HIGHLY acclaimed. :D

Thanks again however, hope you fully recovered from both your performance and that upcoming fever. And congratz for your great work. ;)
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

I thought the ideas of renaming/reordering the layers in FBF were interesting and I wanted to learn more about Anime Studio API and lua (I'm a programmer, but only did a little AS scripting before) so I created a script for reordering the FBF layers. Hope you find it helpful. I know I'm going to enjoy it with FBF :D

Details at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27788#p157340 (I posted the topic there under scripting).
the_gill_boy

Post by the_gill_boy »

This is amazing, thank you for sharing! Could someone explain or direct me to where I could read up on how to install this? I've tried extracting and saving the files inside of AS template folder but when I try to open it, I get an error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I really look forward to using this!
the_gill_boy

Post by the_gill_boy »

I have tried to add this template to a custom content folder in order to use it, but whenever I click to open the template I get this error message... I am using ASP11, I'm not very computer savvy but any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!
chucky

Post by chucky »

SO are you using the FIle/ ' new from template' ?
Maybe a screen grab of the template folder

Actually before you try that just try opening these files.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!An9E1CVuSl-zgo8VE3U ... w?e=xCAgnD
the_gill_boy

Post by the_gill_boy »

Hi Chucky,
Yes, I was using new from template, and it was showing up there. Here is a screen grab of the template folder, Ill try the link you sent!

the_gill_boy

Post by the_gill_boy »

Okay, so the new file worked, I got a message saying it's "from a newer version so some features may not work properly", BUT, it worked... not sure if I did something different but I'm going to try popping the FBF template into the same folder I made for the new file you linked me. See if that works.

UPDATE:

I put the FBF template into the same custom folder with the working dog file, however, the FBF file still gives me the error message. Here is a pic of the new file set up...