Export vector objects to SVG or AI

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SpaceBoy64

Export vector objects to SVG or AI

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I did a search on the forum, but it can't find relevant results. I need to export a character I created in Anime Studio Pro 9 as a vector object for print purposes.

I know there was the old method of exporting to Flash format, but I wondered if there had been any updates since then, since Flash has gone the way of the dinosaurs, and that method was hardly dependable.

Is there a new export plug-in?

How do people export their animations to a vector web animation format?

Thanks!
SpaceBoy64

Re: Export vector objects to SVG or AI

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Okay, I saw that Moho 12 now exports SVG pretty well, from the YouTube video I watched.
Does it also export the line characteristics and shading?

I am finding that exporting from Anime Studio Pro 9 to SWF is giving me line segments instead of variable line widths.
Also, masking in my eyes isn't working right, so pupils are showing outside the eye opening.

I used rough textured lines in my character, but these are reduced to plain smooth lines in the export.

I would consider buying Moho 12 if everything works correctly now. It looks great!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

The v9 user manual (Help>Help...) will have the limitations on exporting SWF. Here's the v12 limitations for exporting SVG:
SVG export does not support all features found in Moho 12:
• You can output vectors, bone features, physics, colors, styles, and gradients.
• Image-based features like layer blur, layer shadow, and other features that work
like pixel filters on a layered image are not supported in the SVG export.
• Masking is limited.
• Images can be exported, but it is not possible to warp them.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

SpaceBoy64 wrote:...
I am finding that exporting from Anime Studio Pro 9 to SWF is giving me line segments instead of variable line widths. ...
As well as the limitations on SWF export in the manual as Wes points out, there's also a checkbox in the Export dialogue to enable variable line widths - it's off by default (certainly in 12 and so probably in earlier versions too)
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

hayasidist wrote:
SpaceBoy64 wrote:...
I am finding that exporting from Anime Studio Pro 9 to SWF is giving me line segments instead of variable line widths. ...
As well as the limitations on SWF export in the manual as Wes points out, there's also a checkbox in the Export dialogue to enable variable line widths - it's off by default (certainly in 12 and so probably in earlier versions too)
I guess in order to simulate variable line widths, they are dividing up lines according to their width between points. It sort of works, but line segments really isn't ideal. It complicates the drawing a lot, and I can see gaps and corners along lines. I'd rather see that variable line converted into a separate filled shape.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SVG will do a better job than SWF. Hands down.
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Some of my objects are just not exporting correctly at all. Things are going missing.
I'm sure Moho 12 is much better, but not everything will look like it should.
I'm just going to render out what they need for print.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sJcYLt ... IpLC-/view

Thanks.