Kamilla and Chomblay

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CharlieChompnChicken

Kamilla and Chomblay

Post by CharlieChompnChicken »

Kamilla and Chomblay is my first Moho animation project. All constructive criticism is appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlXkeCAvKqg
eric1223

Re: Kamilla and Chomblay

Post by eric1223 »

It was okay. The most notible thing too me was the background of the forest. If there's one thing I would criticize, it would be your animation. The preset animations!!!! I think you'd be better off doing ur own walk and run cycles.
CharlieChompnChicken

I appreciate your feedback Eric. Those animations are actually my work though and not presets, as are the characters. I have very little experience drawing anything so this has been quite a challenge. I am mostly enthusiastic about story telling and voice acting. I'm not particularly passionate about animating, it's just the best way I can try and get my ideas out there.

Lip syncing is another challenging aspect because I find it incredibly time consuming. My plan was to use Papagayo, but after altering the mouth shapes, it stopped functioning correctly. I couldn't have my characters smiling when they should clearly be upset, so I decided to use the same phoneme shape and do the lip syncing within Moho. I kind of want to cheat this moving forward but not at too great of expense.

Although animating can be frustrating, I do enjoy the reward of having a completed project and have discovered a new found respect for all the work that goes into it. I think it's a great hobby. Thanks for watching and commenting.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

If you're happy with a command-line interface (and who isn't..., ha ha!), you could try Rhubarb. Looks like it works a little like Papagayo, but in a more automated fashion. That usually means it's not so good, but it does sound quicker! It's open source, so wouldn't cost anything to try out.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
CharlieChompnChicken

Thanks for posting that. Based off the demo video, I don't know if it's quite decent enough. Maybe I will get faster with the process. I honestly don't think Papagayo would be much faster than editing within Moho either though. The automatic sync is pretty poor, even if you enter the speech text in. I saw in another post that you can somehow put the mouth shapes in a separate window and speed up lip sync that way, but I can't figure out how to do it.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

CharlieChompnChicken wrote:I saw in another post that you can somehow put the mouth shapes in a separate window and speed up lip sync that way, but I can't figure out how to do it.
Maybe you're talking about the menu command Window>Switch Selection
CharlieChompnChicken

Ah-haaaa!!! A million thank yous Wes. This is very exciting.