The Present and Future of Moho

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rtorres

The Present and Future of Moho

Post by rtorres »

Hi everyone.
I want to give you all an update on the current status of Moho and what to expect in the coming months.
Over the past few months, we have been hard at work setting up a new development team and getting to know this great software. The team is heads down analyzing and understanding the codebase, how it is organized, the architecture and everything else related with it. We are working on an update to Moho that should be available to everyone in the next couple of weeks.
We will continue to work and release update versions as this is the best way to get familiar with the codebase and all the procedures associated with the release of a new version. Later on, we will be planning and executing a new major version of Moho.
I want to thank everyone for your support, understanding and enthusiasm. Rest assured that Moho has a bright future ahead.
We will have a booth at SIGGRAPH 2017 next week so, if you are planning on going to the exhibition, stop by our booth and get to know some of the new members. Our booth number is 1023.

Rafael
jahnocli

Re: The Present and Future of Moho

Post by jahnocli »

Phew!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
jmartins

Post by jmartins »

Hey guys,

I'll use this opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is João Martins and I'm the new Lead Developer for the graphics team here in Braga - Portugal.
Hope we're up to the task of continuing to develop this software as we have huge shoes to fill, but our team is young, hungry and very passionate about software and animation, so we'll do our best to get you the best possible version of Moho that we can.

The other members should come very shortly to present themselves.

Best regards,
João Martins
João Martins
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Good news, I hope you guys display some of the premium work examples this software has helped produce lately, a number of stunning examples have appeared on these forums of late.
Brick_Loko

Post by Brick_Loko »

Thanks for the update.
Good to hear from Moho team.
When possible, pls keep the user community informed.
stealingfeathers

Post by stealingfeathers »

Happy to hear the news! :-)
deastman

Post by deastman »

First of all, I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavor, and I look forward to seeing how Moho develops under your care.

That being said, I'm a little dismayed by this announcement. I recently came back to Moho after having been away for quite a few years. I was lured back by the recent sales offered by Smith Micro, which were too good to pass up. At no point was it made clear, for obvious reasons, that Moho was orphaned software without a development team, and that an entirely new team, unfamiliar with the software, was being assembled to take over. This strikes me as a highly questionable business practice, and I will be much more skeptical of any future releases. There are other options in this industry, and I'm not particularly inclined to throw good money after bad at a company who would engage in fire sales to lure in new users in an attempt to raise enough capital to fund a fresh development team.

This is the one and only rant you'll hear from me on the subject, and I sincerely wish you all the success in the world with Moho, but I feel deceived and disillusioned in light of this announcement.
gjordan

Post by gjordan »

Thanks rtorres at last someone of Smith that say something to us, all we hope the next patchs fix all the bugs that have many people struggling, thanks to tell us that you are still working in Moho, hope soon you manage to get a very more stable 12.2 Moho, bye
My Youtube Channel / Animaciones y tutoriales
https://www.youtube.com/c/JordansDen
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mohocharacteranimators/ Moho Animators Facebook(English)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mohoproesp/ Moho Pro Facebook(Español)
posorio

Post by posorio »

Hi everyone,

My name is Pedro Osório and i'm one of the new members of Moho's Development Team. I'm very happy to be here and give my best in helping the development process of this great product. We know that the standards are high and you don't expect less, so a great effot is being carried out to meet your expectations. I can assure you that we are deeply committed on doing the best work possible, bringing your wishes to life and make this software even better :D .

Hope to reach out to you guys anytime soon,

Best regards,

Pedro Osório
Smith Micro's Moho Development Team
eyebot

Post by eyebot »

Hey there,

I'm curious how did the dev team end up being from Portugal? I'm a long time Moho user working in TV and animation currently in the US but considering relocating in Portugal (my wife is of Portuguese decent).
I produce promos and content here in the US via my own animation studio and will keep doing it from PT. Would love to hear more of what you guys do with and without Moho over there. Best of luck!

Yoram Benz

jmartins wrote:Hey guys,

I'll use this opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is João Martins and I'm the new Lead Developer for the graphics team here in Braga - Portugal.
Hope we're up to the task of continuing to develop this software as we have huge shoes to fill, but our team is young, hungry and very passionate about software and animation, so we'll do our best to get you the best possible version of Moho that we can.

The other members should come very shortly to present themselves.

Best regards,
João Martins
Eyebot
lefthook77

Post by lefthook77 »

This may not be the perfect place for this, but please consider adding "tab to transient" ability for lip syncing. Instead of going frame by frame, this option would allow us to skip to waveform peaks within an imported audio file. It could speed up switch layer keyframing for mouths. :D

Great idea, Ilan (RoZm)!
lefthook77

Post by lefthook77 »

Also, thank you for the update, and welcome to the new team! Good to hear this software is still growing. I haven't found anything that does the job end-to-end as well, and am glad to see it is still moving forward.
Nahiaipa

Post by Nahiaipa »

Hello and welcome to the new team! I look forward to seeing your work and start enjoying the new Moho. I would like to ask you to take into account the Hispanic community when translating the manuals into Spanish. In version 12 it was not translated into Spanish and I had to translate the manuals. I offer my translations to facilitate your work. I am aware that I may have mistakes but I have done it with all my love.

User manual:
https://mega.nz/#!HgsH2CjZ!8ySKVov714su ... PW1MY2DEJs

Tutorial manual:
https://mega.nz/#!D48igZiQ!ZnELNF8CU84x ... pDW748COFs

Thanks
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

SMITH MICRO SOFTWARE, INC.
QUARTERLY REPORT ON FORM 10-Q
September 30, 2018

Three Months Ended September 30, 2018 Compared to the Three Months Ended September 30, 2017

Graphics revenue decreased by $0.9 million or 78.3% over last year, primarily related to the termination of our reseller agreement with Japanese software developer Celsys, which permitted us to market, license and provide support for the English-language version of Clip Studio Paint (formerly Manga Studio), in 2017.

Nine Months Ended September 30, 2018 Compared to the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2017

Graphics revenue decreased by $2.2 million or 62.7% over last year, primarily related to the termination of our reseller agreement with Celsys.

3. Going Concern Evaluation

The Company will take the following actions, if it starts to trend unfavorably against its internal profitability and cash flow projections, in order to mitigate conditions or events that would raise substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern:

•Raise additional funds through short-term loans.
•Implement additional restructuring and cost reductions.
•Raise additional capital through a private placement.
•Secure a commercial bank line of credit.
•Dispose of one or more product lines.
•Sell or license intellectual property.

SOURCE: https://www.smithmicro.com/docs/default ... 3-2018.pdf
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Thanks for the info. Doesn't look good.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?