Remove action reference from mainline

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kululu17

Remove action reference from mainline

Post by Kululu17 »

Hello,

Is there a command to remove an action reference from the mainline. I know you can highlight the referenced action and delete it, but that seems to delete only the part of the action applying to the currently active layer. Is there a way to delete everything in all layers pertaining to a specific action (without deleting the action, of course). Thanks!
synthsin75

Re: Remove action reference from mainline

Post by synthsin75 »

If you select all the layers, you should see all the action references.
Kululu17

Post by Kululu17 »

Hi!

Thank you. Maybe I don't have the project or view set up right, because this doesn't seem to work. My top layer is the bone layer, with a lot of vector and switch layers underneath. If I have just the bone layer, or all the layers selected, it only seem to show the keyframes related to bone actions under the "channels." But if I click on a specific sublayer, it then shows this action (for example which switch layer is currently active), but then the bone actions don't show anymore. Is there some kind of setting to both at once? Thanks again!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you have timeline visibility enabled for any of the layers, it can hide some when selecting all. So you either want to have no timeline visibility enabled and select all the layers or just enable timeline visibility for all the layers with the action.

If any layers have timeline visibility enabled, it only shows those layers and the primary selected layer on the timeline.