Contact Info Request

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

voxac50

Contact Info Request

Post by voxac50 »

I recently got a new iMac, and transferred my files and information to the the new computer using Time Machine. Once the transfer was complete I was able to launch Moho, but some things were different.
It first asked me to select a folder for Moho Content, so I created a new folder called Moho Content. Then when I opened an existing file, it could not find various included image files.
While I was reestablishing links to those files, There was an OS security popup saying that Moho wanted access to my contact information. I denied the request, and everything proceeded normally from there. My question is: why would Moho want your contact information? Is this a normal thing?

Thanks
Greenlaw

Re: Contact Info Request

Post by Greenlaw »

That does sound odd. I'm on Windows but I've never seen that. I know when it's a clean install, there is a registration window but that's completely different of course.

As for content directory, did you use the installer? If you just transferred the software, it might not have carried over all the files, especially if your previous content directory was in another location.

Hope you get this figured out.
Greenlaw

Re: Contact Info Request

Post by Greenlaw »

Sorry, I re-read your post and you did say you recovered from a backup, so I think all the data should have been there. I imagine you would need to re-register the software though since this is a new computer. If all else fails, download and re-install the program.

Note that Moho allows 3 activations, so hopefully you deactivated on the old computer if you're no longer using it. But if you didn't, you should still be able to recover the activation from your user account.