TweenMaker

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

2ner

Post by 2ner »

Why don't you have any movie export formats?
I had to go through 2 other programs just to make the result into an animated gif. And I would rather have .mov .mpg or something like that.
What am I supposed to do with image sequences? I guess I have to install virtual dub or something.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Hi. Since this topic came back to life i investigated a bit on your website, to get some more info about your program.
The results in the showcase are nice.
I also noticed that you released an incomplete documentation on Tweenmaker.

What interests me most is:

What exactly is the difference between the free student version and the so called pro version?

Is this software definitely "abandonned" or will it be improved in the future?

Will the documentation be completed or reworked some day?

Will there be an option to export as .gif, .mov or .avi?

Thank you for your attention-
mdsmith

More info

Post by mdsmith »

2ner wrote:Why don't you have any movie export formats?
I had to go through 2 other programs just to make the result into an animated gif. And I would rather have .mov .mpg or something like that.
What am I supposed to do with image sequences? I guess I have to install virtual dub or something.
Yeah, I use Virtual Dub. When you select to export as SWF, it exports as a sequence, but you need the pro version to do that.
mr. blaaa wrote: What interests me most is:

What exactly is the difference between the free student version and the so called pro version?

Is this software definitely "abandonned" or will it be improved in the future?

Will the documentation be completed or reworked some day?

Will there be an option to export as .gif, .mov or .avi?
Right now, the differences between pro and student are only shown in the nag screen on the student version. I will post them on the website. Thanks.

I plan to make improvements to the software as there is enough interest to warrant it.

The documentation / tutorials work is in progress (just started last week). Sign up for the newsletter (www.tweenmaker.com/news.html) to find out when it's complete.

Exporting to gif mov or avi falls under the improvements category.

Thanks for the feedback.
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

Hi:

the documentation (help file and 6 tutorials are ready)

http://www.elecorn.com/tweenmaker//help/index.html

Regards,

Chio
CHIO

MY FIRST TWEENMAKER REVIEW

Post by CHIO »

Hi all:

I download the TweenMaker free version. I play whit it all weekend.
Your concept is very inteligent. For those lovers traditional animation
method, I think this app can help more than Toon Boom Studio or others.

This app is for me the first mix about traditional methods (toon boom,
thetab, pencil tester) and cgi methods (moho, 3d, etc.). The tab is
very near, but is very dificult to make inbetweener without errors. TM
have a method to avoid error in the interpolation :P

For me, this first version must grown up with many features how:

1. To be able draw circles, ovals, box, lines, etc.
2. To be able flip vertical and horizontal drawing and lines.
3. To be able set the range for edit tool lines.
4. To be able joint lines to other lines.
5. To be able set the "z" variable for levels and zoom or pan with
paralel efect.
6. To be able built cycles with a group of frames.
7. To be able export to avi or mov format.
8. To be able set the position axis, and others variables.
9. To be able set on/off a grid or ruller to help draw.

For a lot of people, is very important a forum, to be able share questions,
tecniques, examples, tips, etc.

I think that animated tutorials are better than writen. There is a lot of
tools (app) for that. I spend a bit time to understand the six tutorials
writen. Documentation in pdf format are very usefull too. A lot of people dont like with html help files (but very easy to review, complete, or change for the author).

55 U$S is reasonable price for the first version (But I would like to see
his real posibilities to be able make a complete animation how the example "the dud". How many key frames has the short "the dude" ?).

This was my two cents about this innovative app. Two fingers up!!!.
Congratulations. :wink:

Regards,

Carlos F. Bergoglio
CHIO ANIMATION
cbergoglio@eling.com.ar
http://www.chio-animation.com.ar
mdsmith

TweenMaker improvements

Post by mdsmith »

Thanks for the feedback CHIO,

Much of what you've mentioned is planned for the next release that will be coming out shortly. You can sign up for the news letter at www.tweenmaker.com/news.html to find out when it comes out.

I also plan on starting a forum on the TweenMaker site--that way I don't feel like I'm taking advantage of good 'ole Mike Clifton and his Moho forum ^_^.
Stephen X

Post by Stephen X »

Mike.

Hi. I used a trial version of your software a year ago on my Mac. There were some glitching issues with fills and such. Have these been rectified? Your software is definitely the most promising I have seen to date. The tweening is incredible. I just want to make sure it is up to investing in.

Also, I saw your previous post regarding porting to OSX. Please consider. I would love to run the software natively. Plus, in DC I belong to an animation forum. Most of the users are running Macs. A couple of months I demoed TBS for them and got TBS to give us a copy to give away as a door-prize. There was a lot of interest and a number of people in the group bought TBS or TBSE. When you software was released, I mentioned it at the meeting (it happened to be the day after your launch). There is definite interest, but like most Mac users, they won't go that extra mile and load Windows on their systems. You know how it is:)

Good luck and I look forward to future developments!
Stephen
mdsmith

Post by mdsmith »

Stephen X wrote:Hi. I used a trial version of your software a year ago on my Mac. There were some glitching issues with fills and such. Have these been rectified?
The coloring is still based on selecting a group of lines that form the shape you want to color. I'm playing around right now with a click fill type of approach and getting rid of layers all together. Layers can be nice, but in the end, I think I'd rather click fill shapes in each drawing than have to sort layers. It's a pretty big change in TweenMaker that may take some time before it get's implemented. Be sure to sign up for the e-mail list for TweenMaker version updates.
Stephen X wrote:Also, I saw your previous post regarding porting to OSX. Please consider.
I've decided that once I hit a certain number of PC sales, then I'll push forward to make a MAC version... In other words, once I get enough money to buy a new/used MAC. Know of any good places to look? It doesn't need to be fancy, in fact the lower end is probably better. A friend of mine suggested I go with a MAC mini and that seems like a good candidate.

Thanks.
Stephen X

Post by Stephen X »

Mike.

Thanks for responding. I actually think what you have for the fills is revolutionary and I would push it farther if I was you. What you have is truly incredible. My issue came from saving and reopening my files. When I would use the fills, it wouldn't save all the data.

I was just wondering if you polished up the program since last year. And if so, what did you address?

I would be more than happy to buy your software if it means a port for the Mac. So far I have worked with Solo and TBS, and I have to say that your software has innovative features that gives them a run for their money. Once you iron everything out, I think it is going to be a major contender.

As far as buying a Mac, a mini would be a good option for you. Depending on how old you want to go, you can always get an iBook on eBay for cheap. Also try craigslist in your area. I have had great luck buying equipment from both sites.

Cheers
Stephen
mdsmith

Post by mdsmith »

Stephen X wrote: I was just wondering if you polished up the program since last year. And if so, what did you address?
It has been a bit polished, but I'm not sure how much. I'm currently fixing a lot of things with it in preparation for the next release. I'd be interested in looking at the TMS file that has the color fill problem. Could you send it to me? Just send it to tm_support@elecorn.com. Thanks.
Stephen X wrote:you can always get an iBook on eBay for cheap. Also try craigslist in your area. I have had great luck buying equipment from both sites.
Thanks for the tip!
CHIO

MY FIRST TEST

Post by CHIO »

HI all:

http://www.chio-animation.com.ar/downlo ... ing_tm.avi - 35 kb

Really I spent 15´ to draw this. Very faster with TM !!!

Only 2 key frames: face front and face side.

I think there is a lot of tip to animate with this app.

Regards.

Chio
mdsmith

Re: MY FIRST TEST

Post by mdsmith »

CHIO wrote:HI all:

http://www.chio-animation.com.ar/downlo ... ing_tm.avi - 35 kb

Really I spent 15´ to draw this. Very faster with TM !!!

Only 2 key frames: face front and face side.

I think there is a lot of tip to animate with this app.

Regards.

Chio
Wow. I'm impressed. You made every frame very convincing. That's not easy to do even with TweenMaker!
CHIO

SECOND TEST

Post by CHIO »

HI all:

http://www.chio-animation.com.ar/download/test2.avi

I spent 60´ to draw this.

I litlle dificult to paint.

3 key frames.

Regards.

Chio
Max99

Post by Max99 »

Is a newer version of TweenMaker in the works?
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

No I used the first version (1.0)
Regards,
Chio