Reactivation question

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Dennis Willy

Reactivation question

Post by Dennis Willy »

I prefer to leave my pc not hooked up to the internet most of the time. I only plug it in when I want to use the net.
This makes moho need to be constantly reactivated for me.
It is driving me bonkers!
Is there any way to make the bloody activation permanent ?
I like moho, but I wouldn't have bought it if I would have known that you must join the borg for it to work properly.
Soon I fear that I wont be able to brush my teeth, if my toothbrush doesn't have an internet connection.
Greenlaw

Re: Reactivation question

Post by Greenlaw »

If I'm not mistaken, I think there's an option to activate Moho as a node-locked license. Check your user account.

Just be aware that if you choose this, you will only be able to activate your license on a single computer--for obvious reasons, network activation for additional computers will become disabled.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Check if you have a License Manager command in the Help menu...I think that's that's where you can access it. I don't see it on my work computer but the feature might be disabled here.

I don't think this feature's been removed but I'll check for it on my personal mobile computer at lunch time. Naturally, you'll need to be connected to access the license server.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I just checked...yeah, the License Manager should be available in the regular consumer version.

Somewhere in the License Manager page there should be an option for a 'permanent' activation
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I can't find the permanent activation info any more, even from my general release installation.
I'm sure I've seen it before, so it looks like they may have hidden it.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm...yeah, I'm pretty sure it was there too. I'll take a closer look when I get home this evening.

OP, in the meantime, try asking support about this. The permanent option is supposed to be there for users who are normally not connected to the internet. (The online option phones in occasionally. Not sure of the frequency but I don't think it's every day.)
Dennis Willy

Post by Dennis Willy »

Thanks for the replies!
I can't find anything in the license manager.
I will have to contact support.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just click on the active license you want to change. That will take you to a page with options. At the bottom you should see this:

I haven't used this feature but I imagine you just click the agreement and proceed. I think the condition is that if you choose a permanent license you give up the ability to use the 'roaming' online option.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Ah, just didn't dig far enough. I kept thinking I was missing something obvious. Thanks for clearing that up, Dennis.