Import Camera?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stealingfeathers

Import Camera?

Post by stealingfeathers »

Good morning everyone!

I was trying to import a couple of Moho projects into one. I put all layers into a folder (group) to keep my 2 parts organized and then imported both projects into a new blank file. I discovered that the camera effects didn't come along for the ride. Okay, I get it, the camera isn't part of the layers group. But, is there a way to import camera effects into a blank file? Something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks,
R.R.
Greenlaw

Re: Import Camera?

Post by Greenlaw »

What properties are you wanting to move over?

If it's keyframes, you can select the camera and copy and paste the keyframes to the camera in another open project. Paste at frame 0 to make sure the keyframes don't get offset. If you have properties that are set in frame zero but not keyframed in the main timeline, set a keyframe for them at frame 1. For example, if you changed the focal length, select the Zoom tool, got to frame 1 and click in the workspace to make the keyframe for it. That will allow you to copy it. You can copy all the camera keyframes at once of course.

Un-keyframed camera properties can't be copied and pasted, however, if you set up a template with the desired properties, any new files using the template will automatically have them.

To create a template project, just save the file to the Templates folder.

To open a template as a new project, select it ffrom the New From Template list. (If you don't see it, you may need to quit and re-launch Moho first.) This will make a new file with the template's settings.

BTW, I believe there's a script that can export/import cameras. I normally just do the above but I'm almost sure I've used a script for this in the past. Let me check on that.

Hope this helps
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Here's an old thread about this:

https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... ct#p149153

I don't know if the camera script mentioned works in Moho 12 but it might be worth a try.

In that thread Victor mentions using Reset at frame 1 to create the key. That should be fine if you don't already have keyframes at frame 1 that are different from frame 0. It's probably safer to use the Add Keyframe command instead but it may depend on your scene setup.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stealingfeathers

Ah, I didn't even think about the most obvious solution. I guess I assumed they wouldn't copy between project files. There's no need for a script. Copy/Paste works just fine.

Thanks a bunch!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Glad to help.

Here's another workaround: Make a copy of the scene that has the camera setup you want, and delete everything. Naturally, you want to leave the camera keyframes alone. Then, just import everything into this scene.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Greenlaw wrote:Here's an old thread about this:viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26012&p=149153&hilit=copy+camera+to+another+project#p149153I don't know if the camera script mentioned works in Moho 12 but it might be worth a try.
I didn't bother to maintain that script after AS10 because of the then new features to copy/paste between docs...
stealingfeathers

Yeah, no need for it. Copy/Paste works great.

R.R.