...speed up my CPU speed while animating in timeline?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ekrunk

...speed up my CPU speed while animating in timeline?

Post by ekrunk »

Greetings!

For most of my Anime Studio Pro experience, I've been animating within original image files or very basic vector graphics. ( https://vimeo.com/165718971 ) Recently, I started to Trace Image my image files to provide the flexibility of working with vector graphics. However, now my animation process in the timeline is so painfully slow. It's become so much difficult and frustrating with regards to timing.

I am using a MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB memory, but it's just not enough. I've toned down my display quality to low, but this hasn't really provided much difference.

Can anyone else recommend settings to alter in order to provide faster timeline animation?

Should I go back to animating with the image files first, then Trace Imaging, then perhaps copy and paste the animation keyframes into the new Trace vectors layers?

Any help would be awesome!
hayasidist

Re: ...speed up my CPU speed while animating in timeline?

Post by hayasidist »

using auto tracing on an image often creates a mountain of points. You can speed up your animation by reducing the number of control points. Try "simplify curve" (in the Scripts / Draw menu). Or, better, manually trace the drawing.
ekrunk

Re: ...speed up my CPU speed while animating in timeline?

Post by ekrunk »

Oh yeah! Good idea with the simplify curve tool. thank you!