Shameless self promotion.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dueyftw

Shameless self promotion.

Post by dueyftw »

Shameless self promotion!!!

I need your help!!!

The Go fund me page:
https://www.gofundme.com/fix-potty

My self published book:
https://www.amazon.com/Children-Dark-Sk ... 1411601874

Hey man, If your going to beg for money, you start high.

Dale
jahnocli

Re: Shameless self promotion.

Post by jahnocli »

I thought it was "aim" high...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

jahnocli wrote:I thought it was "aim" high...
It's all according to what you been smoking. For most people they aim, I start :)

Just kidding. I'm so straight it's scary. No alcoholic, no cigarettes and no drugs. Hey man, I just look the part.

The really crazy thing is 1M is kind of low. Even with my skill set 90% of it would go to the voice actors and the cost of the business end of the animation. 100k would be left over for the animators.

Dale
chucky

Post by chucky »

Dale, you definitely need help. :mrgreen:
That was very entertaining.
I hope you get the cash to finish your joint.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

If you're asking for a mil, a description of the project would be nice, don't you think? :? :)
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Coming soon. Tie up with work.

Dale
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

What will I do with the money donated?
Spend it on animating my book "Children of a Dark sky. & Alice."The animated film will be titled "Flyer"

Currently the only review of the book is on Amazon by:
Haylee Lawler (age 11) for Reader Views (4/06)

"Children of the Dark Sky & Alice" was a exciting story of a girl that teams up with the Flyer and has friends for the first time. In the story Alice, the story was really sad, but it was great too. In the story Orphans of the Dark Sky, that story was excellent and most exciting too. In the story Lost Child of the Dark Sky, that story is the best story I have read. That story should have come third after the Orphans of the Dark Sky because they are the best stories ever. Then Alice should come last in the book. That is the greatest story I have ever read in my whole life.

The book is a coming of age story that I wrote and self published in 2003. I never pushed it until now. Hopefully I will retire soon and will be able to concentrate on doing the animation of the book.

I would like to do a short of about 6 minutes and then do the rest of the story. About 80 minutes or feature length animation. I'm after the 2d animation quality of Miyazaki. The only difference would be using photo realistic backgrounds generated by a program call Vue.

You can read the 6 minute short at nice stories:

http://www.nicestories.com/unreg/y/story.php?id=5151

The amount of money I asking is not that out of bounds considering the cost of animation.

And of course Potty will need to be fixed.

Dale

Personal note:
Contact me with an address and I will send you a copy. I have a few just laying around. :)
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Now that's more like it. Great to see this project coming back to life. :)
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Ohhh, I remember this story. Sounds like a really cool project. I think it will be a hard sell without any images or examples of animated scenes from the story. If you're planning to start animating after you retire, maybe now would be a good time to do some of that pre-production character and environment design. Looking forward to seeing more!
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

lwaxana wrote:Ohhh, I remember this story. Sounds like a really cool project. I think it will be a hard sell without any images or examples of animated scenes from the story. If you're planning to start animating after you retire, maybe now would be a good time to do some of that pre-production character and environment design. Looking forward to seeing more!
Give me a few days. I should have something. I have to go through some old computers.

Dale