Not Moving Textures + Bones ISSUE

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Veni Vidi Vici

Not Moving Textures + Bones ISSUE

Post by Veni Vidi Vici »

Hi

I created a robot with some bones etc...
All is working perfectly apart one thing - textures - Using some bones - leave textures as they meant to be (rotating them accordingly etc) when I use other bones it doesn't rotate or move texture.Texture seems to be frozen what I do wrong :cry: :cry: :cry:
I tried to resolve this issue on my own for last 2 days ... I give up :(

I made a short not professional movie - hope will help to illustrate my problem.

THANK YOU in advance
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Not Moving Textures + Bones ISSUE

Post by Víctor Paredes »

There are some threads covering the same problem, like this one:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25437&p=141922#p141922
When you work with textures, you have to treat them as images, even when you character is made with vectors.
By default, textures use bone strength to move, so if you have several bones with strength, the texture will follow all them.
If no bone has strength, then the texture won't move (which is what probably is happening to you).
You can setup your character all together and use the menu Bone>Use selected bones for Flexibind. So, for example, you select the two or three bones of the arm, then select the vector layer of the arm and use the menu item. That will tell the software the arm layer (and its textures) only moves following that specific bones.
Then repeat the process in all the layers where needed.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Veni Vidi Vici

Post by Veni Vidi Vici »

Wow thank You for quick answer -
My bones don't have a strength at all true. Only one bone is attached to one part of the body

Thanks to you I found what works better for me as ''Use selected bones for Flexi-bind '' Didn't help out.
FINAL SOLUTION - BIND LAYER - sorted all my problems - before I was using Bind points :)

Thank YOU
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Veni Vidi Vici wrote:Thanks to you I found what works better for me as ''Use selected bones for Flexi-bind '' Didn't help out.
FINAL SOLUTION - BIND LAYER - sorted all my problems - before I was using Bind points :)
Thank YOU
Oh, yes, that's another way to solve it :)
I normally don't recommend to bind layers to bones (I prefer to select one bone and the Flexi-binding menu, which is mostly the same), but that's part of another discussion :)
I'm happy I helped you to find the solution. Welcome to the forum.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Veni Vidi Vici wrote:... I found what works better for me as ''Use selected bones for Flexi-bind '' Didn't help out.
Use Selected Bones For Flexi-bind should work when applied properly...it's really not different from the default Flexi-binding except it isolates the artwork binding to specific bones. I think the real issue is as Victor described.

It sounds like you tried a few different bone binding methods but didn't reset the bones before trying something else. This can potentially put layers into incompatible states for certain binding methods.

When I lose track of what I'm doing with bone settings, I like to use Reset All Bone Rigging. This comand resets the binding to the default Flexi-binding so you can start clean. Reset All Bone Rigging can work on only selected layers so you don't need to worry about resetting the entire rig. However, if you do wish to reset everything, just select the bone layer--I believe all the child layers will be reset to the defaults. (I'm not sure it resets bone strength to default though. Probably not.)

If you know exactly what's wrong, there are other commands you can use to fix the issue, but most of the time I find it quicker to just reset and re-bind.