extruded circle

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jazz

extruded circle

Post by jazz »

Hello,
If I extrude a circle the outside of the circle is not perfectly round in the render. Is there a way to get this fixed?

Hope to hear from you
hayasidist

Re: extruded circle

Post by hayasidist »

jazz wrote:If I extrude a circle the outside of the circle is not perfectly round in the render. Is there a way to get this fixed?
if you extrude a circle you create a cylinder. If you look at a cylinder from a bit to one side you'll see the top of the cylinder and part of the edge. The "not perfectly round" shape that you're seeing is what a 3d cylindrical object looks like from the camera position you have. So if you want to see a circle, position the camera so its line of sight is orthogonal to and directly above the centre of the circle; or leave the camera at its default {0,0,3.7321} and move the circle to {0,0} Anything else will give you at least part of the cylinder edge. You could reduce the depth of the edge in style window advanced settings (thickness) and that will reduce the view of the edge, but I guess that kinda defeats the objective of the extrude.
jazz

Re: extruded circle

Post by jazz »

thanks but I believe there is a misunderstanding.

In the mean time I found a work around.

I played around a bit and discovered that the way I scale the circle influences the edge of the render. So scaling the points vs scaling the layer.