condensing keyframes?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cabbage0896

condensing keyframes?

Post by cabbage0896 »

Just a simple question this time, what is the method to condense keyframes? I saw it on a youtube video and I can't re-find it. It was a way of condensing (or expanding) keyframes in the timeline by selecting a group of keyframes and moving them as a group to speed up or slow down parts of your animation. Anyone? 10Q
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: condensing keyframes?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

There are two ways:
- You can consolidate the channels for every layer of the document by going to Animation -> Consolidate Layer Channels
- You can consolidate the keyframes of a single layer by right clicking over any channel icon and select Consolidate Layer Channels

Personally, I prefer to use the first option (and assign a shortcut to it), because this two options are not totally compatible. If you Consolidate/Un-consolidate the channels using the menu, the layers you consolidated independently will continue being consolidated... I hope that makes sense.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like you might be talking about alt-dragging a group of selected keyframes to change their timing.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

synthsin75 wrote:Sounds like you might be talking about alt-dragging a group of selected keyframes to change their timing.
You are totally right. It seems to be my reading comprehension is not too good today :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

.. like Wes said ... alt-drag ..

you need to have keys in at least 3 different frames in the timeline selected -- the ones you drag and all the ones in between (= none if you only select keys at 1 or 2 different frames in the timeline) move and the ones furthest away from the ones you drag stay put.
cabbage0896

Post by cabbage0896 »

Thank you all for the quick response. Alt - drag is what I was looking for thanks!