Using Mesh later on the time line.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NealF

Using Mesh later on the time line.

Post by NealF »

I just started to use the mesh tool.
I'm trying to get a book on a shelf to look like it's leaning forward as a hand takes it off the shelf.
It's an image file of the book.

So here's what I can't figure out. Looks like you can only create the mesh on frame zero since you need the add point tool. But the book part doesn't come into view till frame 300 or so. So at frame zero I can't see the book in order to draw the mesh around it.

Is there a way to do this other than making the original scene invisible and the book visible? Then drawing the mesh. Then going back and changing both visibilities.

Thanks.
synthsin75

Re: Using Mesh later on the time line.

Post by synthsin75 »

Duplicate the book layer and make it visible on frame zero. You can delete it after you make the mesh.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't know your setup but if it sounds appropriate, try this:

Go the frame where the book enters frame and make a preview render. If you're in 12.3, select Copy to Clipboard in the render window. Now click on Moho, go back to frame 0 and paste. If you're in an earlier version, save the rendered image and import it.

Now you have a reference for later frame at frame 0 to set up your mesh with. Don't forget to set this layer to Don't Render This Layer. (I also like to set the transparency to about 20, but that's up to you.)

As mentioned above by Wes, you can hide or delete this layer when you're finished.
NealF

Post by NealF »

Thanks. Both of you. That's doable.
NealF

Post by NealF »

Thanks for the help.