TweenMaker

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TDolce

Post by TDolce »

Hey Mike,..

It's Dolce' here! Glad to see you in a forum. Congrats on the new job! Keep the TigerWoods games coming as my 5 year old son loves them on his Gameboy! If you ever get a break from Headgate,...we look forward to seeing TweenMaker hit the streets!

Todd
Todd Dolce
prabhat

Tween Maker

Post by prabhat »

Does Tweenmaker do only liner interpolation between two or more curves / shapes with similar number of nodes? Or, it does inbetweening even for non-similar Keyframes like Living Cels?

Regards

Prabhat MOHANTY
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

Hi: I think toon boom has used this algorithms in your
recent HARMONY app. Is correct this ?

Regards,

Carlos.
mdsmith

TweenMaker 1.0 released

Post by mdsmith »

Okay everyone, TweenMaker has officially been released! Go get your FREE copy of it and try it out at http://www.tweenmaker.com!

There is still some help documentation on the way that will go a long way to explain about how to take advantage of the motion tools.

If you sign up for the newsletter (http://www.tweenmaker.com/news.html) you will get an update when the documentation comes out.

Enjoy!
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

i KNEW i came home for a reason :P

*downloading now*
2ner

Post by 2ner »

This looks very promising, but I don't see any documentation, either under the help button or on the website. How are you supposed to learn to use it without documentation?

OK, I see on the news page that docs and tutes are coming soon.

You said as much in your post too, sorry.
skellener

Re: More about TweenMaker

Post by skellener »

mdsmith wrote:...while other companies like Cambridge animation are dying off.
They aren't dead Mike!
http://www.cambridgeanimation.com
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

I have been chasing this software for a long time. It is finally out. Thanks Mike for sharing wth us. It seems it has lots of useful functions, yet it is hardly possible to figure out without help files. I hope it will out soon.

My first impression is; this is a kind of mixture of Moho and the Tab. Of course we wil see the pluses and minuses after playing with it under tutorials...

Thanks anyway, it is an important contribution to the animation community.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

EY GUYS! It's seems good!!! I didn't know about the bones feature (and I don't know how it works yet) but the shape manipulation seems amazin! and all WITHOUT DAMMED POINTS?? :o WOW! I must try how both techniques works in combination! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D ...BYE!
Last edited by Rai López on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Mmmm... Any TIP about bones?? I can make an skeleton, but I can't figure how it works, I can't see the bones in other frame than zero and... I can wait more! I need to see it!!! Jaja, PLEASE! I don't want go to sleep without have seen it :roll:
Last edited by Rai López on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mdsmith

Post by mdsmith »

Ramón López wrote:Mmmm... Any TIP about bones?? I can make an skeleton, but I can't figure how it works, I can't the bones in other frame than zero and... I can wait more! I need to see it!!! Jaja, PLEASE! I don't want go to sleep without have seen it :roll:
It's a little tricky and needs to be simplified. Essentially, create bones by dragging with the add bones tool. Then using the edit tool, click on bones and select curves you want to be connected to the bones. When joints are selected, you can modify the paths they move on. More details in the up comming documentation.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

THANK YOU!!! :D But... I can't see (nor manipulate) the bones yet in the other frames than zero :( ...well, jaja, it must be a silly thing and I suppose I'll discover soon :), although I don't know if will be today, sniff! :cry: ...GOOD NIGHT!

PD: I can't wait about that documentation! :D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

I've get it! :D Interesting the way bones interact with the "unpointed" forms as far as I've seen, I think could be the SO waited solution (or be in the right way at least) to avoid animation levels incompatibilities and make really CREDIBLE 2D "boned" animation :) ...Well, now a little doubt, there is no IK feature for bone chains? Or (hope!) am I missing something? Mmmm... anyway I must keep on investigating a little more :), CIAO!

PS: The pity (for me at least) is that the program seems doesn't have too much features yet... of course that is a normal thing, yes... but a pity at last :roll:
Last edited by Rai López on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tubbesing

Mac version?

Post by tubbesing »

I know Tweenmaker just came out, but are there any plans for a Mac version?
mdsmith

Re: Mac version?

Post by mdsmith »

tubbesing wrote:I know Tweenmaker just came out, but are there any plans for a Mac version?
TweenMaker was originally developed under Linux using wxWindows so a port to Mac is possible. However, there are many things that have been added that are specific to windows (such as animated line prompt, some of the buttons and layout, and tablet input). This will make a port back to Linux and or Mac more difficult. Should TweenMaker become popular and the level of interest justify it, a port to Mac will most likely be done. For now, I know of a least one person running it on his Mac via a Windows emulator. He says it actually runs better in this fashion than it does on his PC... Go figure.

By the way. I just posted some documentation on TweenMaker. It's VERY incomplete, but I'll keep updating it as I go. You can check it out at http://www.tweenmaker.com/help.

Also, if you add your e-mail to the news letter(http://www.tweenmaker.com/news.html), I can let you know once the documentation has been completed and posted.
Ramón López wrote:no IK feature for bone chains?
Nope, no IK. Just paths of motion. See the documentation I just posted.

Thanks.