Photoshop Class

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bupaje

Photoshop Class

Post by bupaje »

We had our first two Photoshop classes at school this week. After the intro to the interface we were asked to sketch a tree and then we were going to try to draw one with Photoshop. This is my effort. I made some goofs but I had some fun. You can click on the image to see a bigger version.

[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Beautiful!! I really like it, you should make this come alive in an animation, it allready look like it's alive :D
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Excellent! Really atmospheric.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Good work bupaje! Some goofs inside there but all in all cool :D
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Thanks. I may try one more if homework allows as I did the edges too sharp and can improve the bark and make it more 'round.' Also have to make the lighting consistent and some cast shadows. In fact I don't have any thick branches moving in the 'z' directions so I need to work that out also.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Yes, the branches need some work, also you could make some light experiments in the background.
But the "ground work" is already good, really.
I am pretty sure you'll make it! :D
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Thanks again. Ok here I added some branches and lighting today. My name is not there for my ego -was required by the teacher.

I have to fix a few things still like some floating leaves with no attachment to branches and the cloud is too bright I think making it seem to push forward so it looks like it is sitting on the tree I think. I finally figured out how to make some branches moving forward and away from the viewer but will be too much work to redo this image by the deadline.

Your crits and suggestions for improvement are appreciated.
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

I think it looks better than a real tree. God had better step up his game.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I don't know about God, I have never met him in person, but it is a big improvement over the first image.

BTW bupaje, I did have a problem downloading the clickable larger version. Something about a file format error :?:
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

You are too kind - but I suspect God's job is safe. As I mentioned elsewhere I am also taking figure drawing and if I was the creator, based on my results this first two weeks, we would all have overlarge heads, long apelike arms, short legs, squarish toes, clublike hands with fingers fat enough to disfigure your nostrils if you pick your nose and no means of reproduction as I haven't gotten comfortable enough to stare at the models crotch and draw it on paper -so I just put a lump there. :D
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

@Rasheed -very strange. I can see it at both work and school. Did a simple 'File /Save As' from Photoshop. Not sure why you have a problem? :?
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Ok, my final effort for this project. Will hand it in tomorrow. I have a few more days but getting it out today will allow me to do an extra credit project.

Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

bupaje wrote:@Rasheed -very strange. I can see it at both work and school. Did a simple 'File /Save As' from Photoshop. Not sure why you have a problem? :?
Well, the problem seems to be gone now. Perhaps it's because I had de-installed some old software and re-installed some new stuff (for my Python projects). A fresh reboot can do wonders, it seems.
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

bupaje,
That tree could be a character. It has all the right stuff. Good to see your posts on your art work. You are progressing beautifully. If I had had a computer when I was in school(college) who knows, you might know me by reputation! Of course we were using blow pipes from horns and ground up dirt and water for our cave decorations.
Cheers and keep up posting!!!
It's always a good idea to sign your work----
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Wow, that has really come along! I'm jealous of your photoshop and drawing skills. Maybe you could do some photoshop tutorials here? I'd love to be able to create something that has the incredible depth yours has now.