character test - spinning 360' (File)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jademunky

Re: character test - spinning 360' (File)

Post by Jademunky »

That was fantastic animation. Such great feeling of movement and interaction plus some great humour. Brilliant job and thanks for sharing the file for us to study.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Hi everybody. When Egyptianboy first posted his character, for us to look at, I asked him if I could do a video tutorial of it and he agreed. I think he did a wonderful job and it's a beautiful example of how working with Anime Studio/Moho doesn't have to produce stiff looking animations.

It's taken me a while to get one out, just because my real life keeps me busy. I'm a rookie compared to most people on this forum, but I love animation and love learning. I just like learning how to do good animations and sharing with others what I'm learning.

The experts can probably just look at the animation and know how to do everything, but for us mere mortals :) Moho is so filled with powerful functionality that it can sometimes be overwhelming to figure out what's going on, even when an animation is provided. So, to learn some more cool things for myself and share with others, I'm putting up some videos about how Egyptianboy animated Shakawa.

This one is an overview. It's a _long_ one (43 minutes). I guess I just got carried away :o But hopefully it's helpful to people, not only in regard to this character, but with respect to animating with Moho in general.

This one is shorter (11 minutes) and explains how the spinning stars were done.

I'll create more tutorials about Shakawa as I have time.

Egyptianboy I hope that the tutorials do justice to your animation and help people learn from your great example. Thanks for sharing!!!
Egyptianboy

Post by Egyptianboy »

Hi,everyone .. Hi , Strider2000
First, I appreciate your opportunity for Shakawa to be a guest on Mitch channel
Then you made this beautiful video in which you explained and analyzed most of the techniques used in the girl Shakawa, with a lesson in how to use Moho in general,
I really enjoyed your style in detailing the model in terms of construction and animation, and I see that you have made an extra effort in organizing the Moho file, and I apologize for this, most of the my Moho files have not really coordinated in terms of naming and general form , ... just messy and hasty for adding some keys after frame 0 :)
Thanks to you and everyone in Moho Forum .
Decent people still here .. keep dreaming .
https://www.youtube.com/c/mohamedviking
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Egyptianboy wrote:... I apologize for this, most of the my Moho files have not really coordinated in terms of naming and general form...
Hi Egyptian boy :)
Please don't feel the need to apologize for anything. You have graciously allowed us to benefit from seeing the internals of your animation. You shouldn't feel any obligation to organize them in any way.

I want to reassure you and encourage all readers to realize that, as we create animations, there can be a lot of experimenting and adding a subtracting things as we search for ways to improve our work. As we're doing that, it is deeply engaging and, at the time, we're very aware of everything that's going on. The last thing we should be focusing on is how easy it is for someone else to follow.

It is your ability to create a beautiful, living character, with the software that we all enjoy and want to learn from. In my explanation, I'm just sharing what I learn so others can appreciate that beauty as well.

Thank you again for sharing your character and allowing me to study it and share with others!
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Just added a tutorial explaining the 360 turn and masking used in Shakawa. I hope it will especially be helpful for beginners. I tried to focus on just the dress layer to make it easy for people to understand.

I'll follow-up with more tutorials as I have a chance.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Great animation!

I learned several things from those tutorials. I had never thought about the sequencer before, for example. Thanks!
twin22

Post by twin22 »

This is one of the best animations I've ever seen.
hosni

Post by hosni »

strider2000 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:05 pm Just added a tutorial explaining the 360 turn and masking used in Shakawa. I hope it will especially be helpful for beginners. I tried to focus on just the dress layer to make it easy for people to understand.

I'll follow-up with more tutorials as I have a chance.
Strider2000
can you upload all your videos again.. cause it's not working anymore
I really want it so much since I still a newbie to moho
so you explanation video will help a lot
thank you
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't see the embedded videos above either but here are the YouTube links I could find in the html for this page:

Shakawa: Overview
Spinning stars in Shakawa?
Shakawa: Dress Turn

Hope it's what you're looking for.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Interesting. I can still see the embedded videos. I don't know if it's because I posted them or not.

thanks Greenlaw for posting the links for hosni.

hosni,
Here's a link to the playlist that has them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0bB1Ys ... JVMzp4SY4X

There's lots of other playlists on my site. Hope they help some. There's definitely a ton to learn with Moho :o
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It's a random thing that happens in this forum. I find my own posted videos will sometimes disappear and then reappear later.

To cover myself when this happens, I like to include a clickable text link beneath the embedded video.

Edit: well, there you go...now I see your embedded videos. :D
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Thanks Greenlaw. I didn't know that. I'll try to make sure I include text links in the future.
sparten

Post by sparten »

اصلي يا زميلي ❤❤
sparten

Post by sparten »

ممكن أسألك . أيه البرامج اللى أستخدمتها فى تصميم الكركتر ؟
أنا عارف أنك أستخدمت موهو فى البونز و الانيمشن . لكن صعب جدا تطلع من موهو بكركتر ٣٦٠ درجة . فياريت توضحلى