Moho on to Cintiq

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sb-caricatures.co.uk

Moho on to Cintiq

Post by sb-caricatures.co.uk »

Please Help!
I have just purchased Moho Pro 12 on disc and loaded it all in. When I click to open the software it opens up on to my PC screen not my Wacom Cintiq.
I also use Manga Studio 5 and Sketchbook pro, both appear on to my Cintiq when I open them up.
With Moho I have to drag it across from my PC screen on to my Cintiq screen. Can anyone please give me help on how to stop this? Or is this just normal with Moho.
Thanks in advance
onurdemirsoy

Re: Moho on to Cintiq

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Which one is your main screen? Moho opens on my main screen and it is Cintiq.
sb-caricatures.co.uk

Thank you for your response.
My Main screen is my PC. I am a caricature/cartoon illustrator and draw from photos. I use the PC to look at the photo whilst drawing.
I also use Manga studio and Sketchbook Pro, both open on my Cintiq with the PC being my main monitor. They just automatically open on the Cintiq. I cant get Moho to do this I have to drag it across. After moving it across I click file and the file drop down opens up on my PC.
It is very bizarre as Manga was not an issue.
sb-caricatures.co.uk

Just made my Wacom my main monitor and seems as easy to use it this way as it was the way I had it set up originally.
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Then I have a question for you. Is there any perceivable pen lag with the Cintiq?
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hey DJ,
I use the cintiq 22hd , works great, no lag.
In moho it's all good... there is a caveat when using freehand. You must use some specific settings to get it to work nicely.
Importantly turn off auto weld, turn on merge strokes, those will help for a start.
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Thanks, I found a shop in Sydney that stocks them so I may go in for a test drive.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I have a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 Enhanced tablet computer and use a Cintiq 22HD at work. No lag on either device. To add to what Chucky says, Freehand behaves differently on each device. I think it has to do with the native resolutions, the Companion being a higher resolution device than the 22HD. I don't know if one is really better or worse with freehand for Moho, just very different results. In general, I still avoid the Freehand tool--it's come a long ways in the last couple of versions but still not quite there for everyday use, IMO.

Everything else works fine with the Cintiq, although on the Companion, I did have to disable Windows UI scaling and reduce the screen res. But that was quite some time ago. I should check again if that's still necessary.

Painting and drawing with other programs works great on either device. These days I mainly use Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint EX, and Rebelle for drawing and painting. Rebelle is amazing on the portable tablet, btw. It uses the accelerometer to sense the physical angle and tilt of the tablet so wet paint can run/drip as if affected by real world gravity.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

BTW, this is one really awesome feature you'll find on any Wacom Cintiq device, and it works great for Moho:

One of the big annoyances for me with Moho is that not all commands are available where I really need them unless I switch tools or dig in the menus for them, but with a Cintiq you can set up program specific OSD (onscreen-display) button bars. In the one above, Fit is pretty obvious; I added Peak and Smooth, which is normally not available unless you're on the Curvature tool but I probably use it more often when I'm on the Select Points or Transform tools; Drop is useful whether you're working with shapes, points or bones; Reset Bone is super useful when animating and you want to quickly reset the rotations of selected bones to the default pose--the is especially handy for resetting SBDs to their default position; Design Mode is the handy Ctrl+Shift+D command but I like the button because it means I don't have to take my hands off the stylus or tablet to reach for the keyboard; And finally, Show Shy toggles the visible state of Shy Bones...very useful if you've hidden some bones using Shy that you need to quickly call back when you need them.

The Wacom OSD tool allows you to insert up to 8 buttons on a bar but you can put additional button bars on the screen if you need more. I typically have a second bar up with many common 'global' commands like select all, copy, paste, delete, etc. This bar works in any program and isn't program specific.