ideas for animating photos stylistically

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

basshole

ideas for animating photos stylistically

Post by basshole »

Hi. Haven't been here in a long time.

Am planning on a music video involving inconsiderate cyclists and the motorists they annoy. Ultra low/no budget, so certain things are really out of the question done as live action since we don't want anyone to, you know, die. One of the alternatives I'm thinking of is recreating the shots I want by taking a stills of the actors and animating them cutout style (i.e. South Park). . . I would get full body pics from different angles of the actors, take 'em into photoshop, make different layers of the arms, legs, etc. import these layers into ASP, and put them on a skeleton.

I was looking for any ideas/inspiration on how to make it more "stylistic". . .cool, jittery outlines around the characters, that kind of thing. I don't know where this kinda stuff has been done before but I'm sure it has.

Ideas?
jahnocli

Re: ideas for animating photos stylistically

Post by jahnocli »

Here's one (kinda...):
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
basshole

Re: ideas for animating photos stylistically

Post by basshole »

Thanks, that is neat, a little different than what I had in mind. We've thought about several different approaches, including ones that don't use animation at all (closeups of toy cars and bikes as if a child is playing with them), people in a car costume, etc. Still figuring this out.