Adobe Illustrator Export of Individual Frames

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sherlock

Adobe Illustrator Export of Individual Frames

Post by sherlock »

Lost Marble,

First, keep up the great work!!

Now, for my suggestions: I like using Moho for single panel toons as well as animation. It would be great if Moho could export a single frame as an AI file.

If this is not possible in the immediate future, I would like to be able to export the BMPs, TGA,s etc. to a specified resolution instead of always exporting as 96 DPI. When I enlarge those pics, the quality is not at all what I would like it to be.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of my ideas.

Regards,
HL
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Don't know if this will help you or not, but you could render your movie and set it to only render 1 frame, and do it to photoshop PSD format. Would this work for your situation?
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

Not sure. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Also, If you are only intending in rendering single frames (I also have used Moho as an "illustration" program, I'm more comfortable with it than the standards), in Project Settings set the project dimensions really, really high. If I remember correctly, these days you could set it to something like 8096x8096 (or something in that range) in pixels, which you could rescale in another app to any old DPI you want. That's my easy path to hi-res. Takes some time to render, but you could project it on an IMAX screen and have it look good.