Why is the Splotchy Effect animating?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Wolfkind

Post by Wolfkind »

I've had something curious happen on a vector layer which serves as a background for my animation.

The vector layer is basically a filled rectangle with extra points added to the top edge and distorted to form hills in the background. This vector shape has the Splotchy effect applied to it to give a bit of variance.

I've noticed that this Splotchy texturing is somehow animating within the vector layer. Its as if the texture is flowing around whenever the camera moves.

While this might be preferred for future projects, I am not sure what I did to cause this to happen, nor how to stop it from happening in this particular animation.

Any thoughts?
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

I presume that's the way it is.
To give your vectors that bit of a different look
you might have to handpaint them.
Otherwise you might like the technique explained in Tutorial 4.4,
or just use an Image-Layer as a background.

Cheers
Nolan
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

As the movement of Sahpe effects NEVER fit in the expected/desired results and ALWAYS is a pain, I'd prefer Shape effects remain TOTALLY still/quiet all the time... I think that I've still asked for this in the past, but well...
Wolfkind

Post by Wolfkind »

Thanks,

I was more just wondering if this moving effect was a feature I had turned on within the shape, or if it was a standard property of the Splotchy effect.

It sounds like movement is inherent to the effect, so I will probably use a work around along Nolan's suggestion.