Working with Switch Layers Issue

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ilovelessons

Working with Switch Layers Issue

Post by ilovelessons »

Hi,

I am working with Moho 12 Pro and I am having an issue with the switch layers. Let me explain -

1. I am creating a dancing man in Moho 12 (I created the parts in Inkscape) and imported it to Moho 12
2. Mouth movements and blinking was done using switch layers (it looks perfect in the FBX preview mode)
3. I created an FBX file and imported it to UNITY 5.5

The issue is in UNITY when I preview the file the man moves BUT his eyes and mouth do no blink of move. Only one of the layers for the mouth or eyes is shown. Has anyone every come across this issue? I have looked at almost every video on youtube regarding this issue and found no solution. Any suggestions?

Also is there anyway to make someone mouth move or blink without the use of switch layers?

Thanks.
dueyftw

Re: Working with Switch Layers Issue

Post by dueyftw »

Yes.
Use point motion on the layers.

Dale
ilovelessons

Post by ilovelessons »

dueyftw,

Hi thanks for your reply. However does the point motion solve the switch layer issue or is it a next way to create a blinking eye or mouth without switch layers? Also am not too sure what point motion is? I looked for it online but not finding anything. IS there is a next name for it or can you point me to an video link online?

Thanks BTW
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Set up the eyes so that your not using the switch layers. I would use a smart bone in a group layer to move the eye lid down over the eyes. the point motion is the eye lid moving. If you can make each layer into shapes and put them on one layer you can get rid of the Unity export headache.

Dale