Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jezjones29

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by jezjones29 »

synthsin75 wrote:If you make the script a button on the toolbar, you can assign a hotkey.

Done thanks for the tip. I've used Charles's icons too. This will help a lot.
Noisefever

Post by Noisefever »

Duplicate styles would be nice.
But really important is "search & replace" styles for a specific layer or group. I derivate my most of my characters from one prototype. This prototype has a skin color which is defined as a style and used in many layers and forms. If I now copy this prototype to start a new character, then this charactor uses the same style. And if I change the skin color it changes the skin color of ALL my characters. Now I have to go though each layer and form and have to change the style to a new one. That's unnecessarily work in my optinion!
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Feature request:

Please have a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30044

I sincerly hope ths feature will be back in Moho13.
Please consider that some of us have sight and eye problems and discerning things in this dark-grey "mud" can be painful. It is also a problem for those who suffer of depression. Workingg for hours in such a dark environement is unhealthy. I am not bitching or kidding. Just kindly asking this feature may be back soon.
EdCoelho

Post by EdCoelho »

Hi Fahim,

I'm pro user since version 10. I like too much the product and I guess Moho 12 is a very good version. I'll update.

The main problem I see to adopt Moho as the official tool of my company is that you don't have a special deal to pro users. I mean, if my company needs 3 or four copies in order to place all animators working on the same platform, we sould have any progressive discount related with the number of copies bought by the same company.

Other subject is to have a kind o manitanence subscription that make easy for us to pay a small amount per month and heve right to download the new yearly versions for free. For example: if you have a plan for people who bought any pro version, charging 10 US$ per month in order to have support and free yearly update I'm sure too many users will opt by this plan. At the end of the year you will have charged half amount of a new updated licence. Also you can antecipate your revenues and link your users always to the most recent version.

This vision of future can make feasible for a company like mine, to invest in animators trainning in Moho tool, as I know exactly how much will cost me to have 4 or 5 Moho copies in my office, sharing libraries, and make my production faster.

I'm a brazilian cartoon producer and I would like to develop Moho market in my country.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

if you have a plan for people who bought any pro version, charging 10 US$ per month in order to have support and free yearly update I'm sure too many users will opt by this plan.
This would indeed be great. I'd go for it immediatly.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Diana Kennedy wrote:
if you have a plan for people who bought any pro version, charging 10 US$ per month in order to have support and free yearly update I'm sure too many users will opt by this plan.
Support ? What exactly does that entail?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

chucky wrote:Support ? What exactly does that entail?
Personalized training? :lol:
mdmodeler

Post by mdmodeler »

Helpful collaboration/reviewer tools:

Timecode:
Allow superimposing the timecode when exporting animation.
To help with collaboration (so there is a frame of reference when talking about changes), I superimpose the timecode onto exported animation with Adobe After Effects. But it's a tedious step.
It would be great to have the ability either allow for the timecode to be added when exporting animation (through a checkbox) or maybe a specialized layer for this data.

Markers:
Allow the export of markers with associated timecodes into a separate text file.
studiosjj

Post by studiosjj »

1. Having adjustable bone influence envelopes rather than just an expanding cylinder, as it stands it's far too basic and doesn't give enough control.

Just 4 control points would be enough (see rushed sketch example)

2. Smart bones that can be sliding controllers rather than actual bones.

3. Dockable interface rather than floating windows for the layers palette etc.

4. Option for horizontal tools palette so it can be placed just above the timeline (much better for tablet users)

5. Option for a Frames grid in the timeline.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

1. Pin bones can be used to somewhat "paint" bone influence.
2. A translate to rotate rig could make smart bones work by translating bones.
3. Layers window is already dockable.
Akreyi

Post by Akreyi »

hi who is with me like and add your imagination that you see the software needed
if you can add this it will be so powerfull software first add 3d ground and perspective for draw Background 2- when we create a shape and turn it into 3d the point also must be 3d i mean you be able to edit shape like 3d software and that will make character move perspective but the style will be like 2d or 3d 3- add light that can effect obj 4- add more edite 3d .5-add style render and improve it .6- improve focus 7-improve 3d texturing 8-improve character build 9-there must be multi scene for big project 10-
i think to add balance color and improve shape shadow it will be good and thanks for team that made this software
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Akreyi wrote:hi who is with me like and add your imagination that you see the software needed
if you can add this it will be so powerfull software first add 3d ground and perspective for draw Background 2- when we create a shape and turn it into 3d the point also must be 3d i mean you be able to edit shape like 3d software and that will make character move perspective but the style will be like 2d or 3d 3- add light that can effect obj 4- add more edite 3d .5-add style render and improve it .6- improve focus 7-improve 3d texturing 8-improve character build 9-there must be multi scene for big project 10-
i think to add balance color and improve shape shadow it will be good and thanks for team that made this software
  • 1. You know this is 2D software, right?
    2. Just sayin'...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I had an idea while planning a frame by frame animation in clip studio paint ex. I drew my path of action and spacing chart. But I ended up adjusting it several times to get the path and spacing right. It was challenging to place the tick marks correctly because of the gradual ease in with relatively even spacing. Plus in order to test how the spacing and path looked, I had to manually draw or transform/rotate an oval representing the bird's body on each frame. Then I thought this could be done much more efficiently in Moho!

Idea: Create a new tool to generate path of action and spacing charts for use in conjunction with the follow path tool. User would create a path of action. Tool generates visible tick lines normal to the path of action curve. User can then slide marks along the curve to achieve the correct spacing. (Or they could be distributed automatically based on parameters like number of frames, 1s or 2s, ease in/out.) Pairing this with the follow path tool, the user could then check their timing, spacing, and path of action very easily to finalize their chart.

The chart (and even rough animation of the object following the path overlaid on the chart) could be used as a base within Moho, printed for light table, or used in other frame by frame tools. I think this would give Moho some extra animation principles cred because it is a tool centered on the fundamentals.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Great idea! I'd vote for this. Could be used in conjunction with switch layers (and interpolation).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

lwaxana wrote:
Create a new tool to generate path of action and spacing charts for use in conjunction with the follow path tool. User would create a path of action. Tool generates visible tick lines normal to the path of action curve. ...
not quite what you're saying but I did this a couple of years ago... viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25384&p=162945