DKWROOT Scripts ( Lots of Improvements )

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dkwroot

DKWROOT Scripts ( Lots of Improvements )

Post by dkwroot »

SCRIPTS INFO:
- Set Origin of Multiple Layers in reference to their contents.
- Rotate/Skew Multiple Layers at once
- Toggle stroke/fill of multiple layers at once
- Manipulate Bones based on color
- Mirror Selected Points
- Swap Sides of selected Points
- Line up points on X/Y Axis

DOWNLOAD:
Last edited by dkwroot on Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ulrik

Re: DKWROOT Scripts ( Lots of Improvements )

Post by ulrik »

That is just great, thank you for sharing this beautiful tools, it's much appreciated!!
rboechat

Post by rboechat »

WOW!!!!
Thank you for this!
Awesome job! Will make things a lot easier :)
pihms

Post by pihms »

Simply AWESOME! I had been hoping that all of these tools would be eventually added, and you did it! A great time saver and VERY practical. Thank you! :D
Pierre Gombaud

Post by Pierre Gombaud »

Excuse me being stupid but, how do you install those scripts?

When I drag and drop the IMAGES & TOOL folders into the Resources\Support\scripts folder and then launch ASP (11.2),
I get error message : "Missing resource image! ScriptResources/mirror_points , swap_points , ..."

Do I need to edit "_tool_list.txt" file too?

UPDATE: nevermind, I've found it!
I copied elements from the TOOL folder into \Resources\Support\scripts\tool
and copied elements from the IMAGE folder into \Resources\ScriptResources
Keitou

Post by Keitou »

one question about these scripts.

are they usable on moho12?

Galoz

Post by Galoz »

i try them and they work well on Moho Pro 12. very handy scripts.

i wish in the next update the Mirror function could take the bezier handles of the points as well, for now it only take the position of the points.

many thanks to dkwroot for the great work !!
chucky

Post by chucky »

Great scripts Dkwroot, very useful.
Love the centre origin button, look, they're all so useful.
Thanks!
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hey,
I've been using the origin point for some time now, but I can't get the mirror points to work properly.
Some features ( like line up) half work but mirror doesn't at all.

Is it the version I am on ( DKWROOT I am probably on the same V12+ beta version as you) or have I installed incorrectly?
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

chucky wrote:Is it the version I am on ( DKWROOT I am probably on the same V12+ beta version as you) or have I installed incorrectly?
Actually, I haven't tried this script with AS 12. The scripting probably changed in AS 12 which is causing some conflict, but I haven't looked at it. I'm really busy at the moment, so I'm not sure when I'll have to time to update this.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

chucky wrote:Hey,
I've been using the origin point for some time now, but I can't get the mirror points to work properly.
Oh no! I was hoping I could use this for my next assignment. I guess it's good I still have 11 installed but not looking forward to jumping between the two versions to work on the shapes.

I think Mirror and Swap Points really should be native tools anyway. It seems they would be kind of essential for creating smooth turnarounds. Without it, I'm flipping renders or screen caps and manually setting the reverse shapes, which is not nearly as efficient.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Trying the tools out in 12.2. (Note: Be sure to back up your original resources directory before adding the tools. The scripts overwrite existing Moho 12 scripts which may or may not affect normal Moho 12 behavior. TBD.)

Mirror and Swap so far appears to be working here. I'm using it to symmetrize a head shape and to create right to left targets. It's working with a fairly simple shape anyway.

Question about X and Y align. These seem to work but is there a way to determine where the points align? At first I thought it was using the position of the first selected point but after playing with it for a bit, that doesn't appear to be the case. It seems to be choosing a random point to align to. Not a huge deal, just wondering.

I'll write again if I run into a problem or need to pull these tools out for some reason.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, yeah, I see what Galoz means: it works fine until you break the bezier handles on a point. The points position gets mirrored or swapped but not the bezier handle positions--you'll need to adjust that manually. (That or stick with 'legacy style' points I guess.)

I can still work with this but, yeah, it would be nice to see the tool updated for bezier handles.

Pretty please? :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, nooooo! The tools apparently break the ability to create Pin Bones by clicking.

I was afraid the script overwrites might do something like that. I'm not sure what else gets broken in 12 but I think I'm going to play it safe and switch back to 'vanilla' Moho for now.

Hope these tools get updated in the future for Moho 12. They're too useful to leave behind. :)
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Greenlaw wrote:
chucky wrote:Hey,
Oh no! I was hoping I could use this for my next assignment. I guess it's good I still have 11 installed but not looking forward to jumping between the two versions to work on the shapes.

I think Mirror and Swap Points really should be native tools anyway. It seems they would be kind of essential for creating smooth turnarounds. Without it, I'm flipping renders or screen caps and manually setting the reverse shapes, which is not nearly as efficient.
I updated the mirror and swap points scripts. They're menu scripts now and they can handle both bezier handles and strokes.

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwzk- ... mNCX1pvME0