Morphing with Smart warp

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kavlor

Morphing with Smart warp

Post by kavlor »

I was curious whether this can be done with the smart warp and yes it can.Way I did it might not be the best but anyway here it is.

Load your first image.Create a smartwarp layer over the image and make sure you get all the features in the image(eyes,mouth,nose).Load in the second image,go to the last frame and move the points of the smart warp to match the second image.

Make a copy of the smart warp layer then copy the last key frame of the smart warp layer and copy it to the frame 0.This way you have 2 smart warps layers that match the 2 image layers on frame zero.Go to the settings of each image and tick 'Allow animated layer effects' then set the Opacity to 100% on first key frame and 0% on the last for the first image and vice versa for the second image(0% first,100% last).Make sure you assign the right Smart warp with the right image.

If there are better ways or unnecessary steps I'm taking let me know but this did achieve the result I was after.
synthsin75

Re: Morphing with Smart warp

Post by synthsin75 »

You could just use the same smart mesh for both images and leave the mesh animation on the timeline.

I did something similar with bones ages ago. I need to revisit it now that we have smart mesh.
kavlor

Post by kavlor »

Not sure how I can do that.Yes both images can use the same mesh but the distortion will be wrong for one of them.The last frame is correct for the 2nd image being warped into as it's the mesh it was created with(why i copied it to frame 0 where it is setup).The 2nd image starts of warped(on frame 1) while the 1st image becomes warped(but is 100% transparent).If I can just use the one mesh to achieve it that would be good as it would help with other things.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, two meshes would be needed for the separate default meshes.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
kavlor

Post by kavlor »

Thanks, checked it out and was near identical except I set opacity for the 2nd image to 0% on the first(frame 1) but since it is at the bottom there is no need to.