Character Drawings for conversion to Vector

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JimmyC

Character Drawings for conversion to Vector

Post by JimmyC »

Can anyone help me to find Cartoon style characters on sheets showing a front, three-quarter and side view that I can convert to vectors for use in Anime Studio (Moho).

I can't draw myself, and I don't want to use someone else's drawings without permission. Would there be a site somewhere on the web where I could find such a thing. I have tried searching myself, but there doesn't seem to be much out there.

Is this something that other users do, surely I can't be the only one? I would not be using these in any commercial venture, just really for my own use, and to learn a bit more about the process. I would be willing to pay, so they don't need to be free

Any help that anyone can give would be much appreciated
jahnocli

Re: Character Drawings for conversion to Vector

Post by jahnocli »

You could try Cartoon Solutions. But I just visited the site to make sure it is still OK and they are doing some maintenance on it. They've got quite a range of cartoon characters (already in vector format) divided into separate parts for easier animation. Or you could commission somebody at Fiverr to draw some stuff for you from about $5 a shot, if you know the kind of thing you want.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

Thank you very much for your response.

I have ben using the Character Wizard inside AS(Moho), and I will probably stick with it, no copyright problems. I just wanted to try and create a vector character myself from a cartoon sheet, just for fun really, but it can wait.

Thanks again.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

just for fun and practice, just google image search 'character sheet' and go from there...