Funks' Moho 12 Vids (8)

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

funksmaname

Funks' Moho 12 Vids (8)

Post by funksmaname »

Hey. Instead of flooding the forum with separate posts I'll add them here as I make them...

Realistic Motion Blur

Trying out new screencasting software - let me know if my face is too off putting! :shock: :mrgreen:

Updates to Timeline

Showing separating channels, channel mute, and multi timeline features

Smart Warp Basics

Further Adventures in Smart Warp

This shows the trick I found to make Warp easier to work with, and some other more specific uses - I left in some confusion so that we can all learn from my mistakes :P

Smart Warp rigging an arm & converting to smart bone

Advanced Smart Warp Theory: Soft tissue vs Contours

Let me know if I didn't make any sense in this one and I'll try to re-record it with less rambling/process...

Bezier, Simplify, Boolean & Freehand improvements

Pin Bone Basics
Last edited by funksmaname on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:21 am, edited 13 times in total.
Fuzatron

Re: Moho 12 New Feature Intros... (3 videos)

Post by Fuzatron »

Great to finally get a peek at the new stuff in action! Can't wait to get my hands on the upgrade :D
Thanks a bunch for posting these up!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Regarding the triangulation of the smart mesh, can you create the tris yourself or do you have to run the menu command?

Mixing the Smart Mesh with Pin Bones is just remarkable. I can't wait to see what talented folks do with this.

Thanks for posting these.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

You can create them manually, but they have to be filled triangles... The menu command simply triangulates whatever shapes you give it and creates all the triangular fills automatically - nothing else as far as I know.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Aaaaaargh, looks very fun and exciting, it figures that the upgrade came out so soon after I picked up 11.2 :wink:, looks like I'll have to upgrade a lot faster this time. This is going to propel a lot of excellent animation here
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Wow ... Can't wait ...
Adam
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

neeters_guy wrote:Regarding the triangulation of the smart mesh, can you create the tris yourself or do you have to run the menu command?
As Funks says - no need to run the triangulate tool as long as your smart mesh layer contains only filled triangles.

New version of my shape tool has two new features with this in mind: polygon of triangles and triangular mesh. It's here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29621
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

funksmaname wrote:If you create a reference of your original guide mesh, then triangulate the child and make that the controller, you can then animate the original layer without all the triangular clutter:
This will certainly be easier to understand when I can play with the software, but I think I understand everything except what you mean by: "make that the controller".
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Some observations on smart mesh used on an image layer:

>> the smart mesh uses just the control points to define the area to be manipulated (i.e. point curvature is ignored)
>> the triangles need to be filled but stroke and fill effects (e.g. soft edge) are ignored
>> if there are two (or more) triangles that overlap then the shape order of those triangles determines what is visible in the render (shape order can be animated)
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks for clarifying. I feel like I know how to use the smart mesh tool already. Can't wait to try it out and the updated shape tool as well.
Thanks to all of you, esp. funksmaname and hayasidist. :)
Lychee

Re: Moho 12 New Feature Intros... (5 videos - new Smart Warp

Post by Lychee »

Hello

I have a question about smart warp.

Is it possible to triangulate the shapes manualy? because automatic triangulation dont look clean sometime.

Best regards.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Lychee wrote: Is it possible to triangulate the shapes manually?
yes -- any vector layer that contains (only!!) filled triangles can be used as a smart warp (see my earlier posts in this thread for more details).
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Re: Timeline improvements
Separating x and y channels means no need to use that technique of nesting within x and y folders. Also, un-muting channels...wow, great!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, both of those are amazing. I've asked for separate axis channel for years.
TheMinahBird

Re: Funks' Moho 12 Vids (8)

Post by TheMinahBird »

I'm not sure why it worked with your image, but when I use reference layers they don't follow.
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron