I made a film in 48hrs! A Film About Migraines

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bintykins

I made a film in 48hrs! A Film About Migraines

Post by bintykins »

Hi guys!

Forgive my first post on this forum being such a self promotiony one... but I'm really excited about what I'm making in Anime Studio Pro!
I had a spare weekend and a free house so I decided to challenge myself to make a film before I had to go back to work! The only help I had was a friend recording some narration for me throughout the 48hrs that I spent chained to my desk!

I would love to know what you think! :D *caution: contains swearing!*

It was created mostly entirely in Anime Studio Pro and After Effects. The reason being I just haven't figured out how best to do some effects in ASP yet and I'm quick in AE. I have,since purchasing, completely fallen in love with Anime Studio! I wanted to do this challenge to test just how fast it is to create something using it. I'm really happy with it! I have so many more ideas for shorts, but I have yet to figure out some things... I haven't really delved into the 'fake 3D' stuff yet. Not too much anyway!

Thanks guys! Look forward to living on these forums for the forseeable :D

Dani
JaMike

Re: I made a film in 48hrs! A Film About Migraines

Post by JaMike »

Wow, if that's your first post, self-promote all you like! :D

That's amazing for 48 hours! It's pretty good for a week even. And I learned that my headaches are not migraines, no matter how much I think they are at the time.
bintykins

Post by bintykins »

Aww thanks so much JaMike! :)
JaMike wrote:And I learned that my headaches are not migraines, no matter how much I think they are at the time.

OOoh this is not strictly true, as you can have 'migraines without aura,' so you would just skip straight to the mind bending pain bit! UGH! They are deadly, beastly things and I hate them I hate them I hate them! *stamps foot*
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Aside from what I heard about these pests, your designs and the whole thing made me understand it much more clearly.
Characters, color chart and gestures.. mate, I both the story and am eager to see more from you. Bring it on! 8)
bintykins

Post by bintykins »

Blimey Maestral! Thanks so much :D
I had to keep it so simple to beat the challenge, but hopefully I can build and build and get some more complicated characters and sets into my next animations. I've been playing around making silly gifs mostly. Time to up my game! :D
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

The intro reminds me of Popeye or Betty Boop. Looks like you were influenced by Fleischer Studios. 48 hours is incredibly fast even if you worked through the night.
I enjoyed it. Very instructive.
Cheers, Larry
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

JaMike wrote:And I learned that my headaches are not migraines, no matter how much I think they are at the time.

bintykins wrote:OOoh this is not strictly true, as you can have 'migraines without aura,' so you would just skip straight to the mind bending pain bit! UGH! They are deadly, beastly things and I hate them I hate them I hate them! *stamps foot*
I was more thinking in terms of "man-flu" where a common cold is life-threatening. :)

For your next film, I hope you do it about something nice in your life. I'm not sure I feel good about enjoying a film about something that makes you suffer. :shock:
cynthia

Post by cynthia »

loved it! Funny and true. very good voice acting and writing.
bintykins

Post by bintykins »

WOW! Thank you so much Cynthia! I was so grateful to my friend for providing voice acting on the weekend. He pulled it off first time from my scribbled notes/brief. Sound can totally make or break a film huh!?
I'm not so happy with MY voice acting though... jeeez! I thought being an animator I might be able to act at least a little bit xD
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Congratulations!!!

Nicely done, very clean messaging and timing! Look forward to more.

Hope you never get any migraines while animating!!

LY
mattchee

Post by mattchee »

This is great! Really, really well done!

Also, great job capturing the visual aspect of the migraine. I never had a true migraine until a year or two ago, and I had no idea what was going on.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

**F** now my migraine is coming back just by watching this! ;)
Its an amazing work and you can be proud of it!
Jademunky

Post by Jademunky »

Awesome video.

I am competing in the 48 hour film comp in NZ this weekend so it was great to see what you were able to put together in that time. Very funny.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Great. Simple but very effective. Very good voices, good timing, and the acting! I really like it when somebody is able to get this much from so little.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
nina_paley

Post by nina_paley »

I get migraines and this was spot on!