Guyer93's video tutorials

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

anthillmob007

Re: Guyer93's video tutorials

Post by anthillmob007 »

Hi Guyer93, I want to use the masking mouth tutorial and can do what you've shown.. but I don't know how to deal with the head turn....can you show me how to get the mouth to carry on saying all the same letters with the head turning 45 degrees?...it would be a massive help.
John
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

anthillmob007 wrote:Hi Guyer93, I want to use the masking mouth tutorial and can do what you've shown.. but I don't know how to deal with the head turn....can you show me how to get the mouth to carry on saying all the same letters with the head turning 45 degrees?...it would be a massive help.
John
Hi anthillmob007,
There are a couple of ways to move the mouth when turning the head. One is to bind the mouth layer/group and use a smart bone action to move the mouth along with the head turn. If you do this you will also need to alther and adjust each mouth shape to fit the angle of the head. If you are using switch layers and don't have interpolation on (the blending of switch layers from one layer to another) and are just using single frames for each mouth shape then you can also just make another set of mouths that match the angle of the head as well. Do you have an example or an .anme file I could look at to show you what I mean? If so, just send it to me and I'll take a look at it and maybe make a tutorial on it as well. In the mean time I'll look for other tutorials that may help you and post them here as well!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

Hey anthillmobe007,

Here is a tutorial I found by Incredible Tutorials that I think explains exactly what you might be looking for! Let me know if this helps you!

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
anthillmob007

Post by anthillmob007 »

Thanks for that...I will make a head over the next couple of days and do the mouth as I see it in your tutorial...then ill look into the head turn with mouth movements and let you know how I get on....
thanks again for the help.
John
anthillmob007

Post by anthillmob007 »

ok...I was making my mouth ...validated the tounge and teeth...placed the top teeth over the mouth...hit q to select my shape...hit the arrow key up...to place my teeth behind the lips and nothing happened...no matter how many times I hit the up arrow..nothing happens.
any ideas where im going wrong?
john
anthillmob007

Post by anthillmob007 »

had a few goes...still cant get the teeth behind....can I upload the file somewhere so you can have a go at it...then i'll carry on?
John
anthillmob007

Post by anthillmob007 »

hello...you still there guyer93?
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

anthillmob007 wrote:hello...you still there guyer93?

Hey sorry double OO7! I didn't see your messages until just now! I forget that my first batch of tutorials is pinned at the top the forum so I fogey to check it sometimes. I can send you a file, maybe tonight or you could send me yours so I can see what the problem is!
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

As Neeters_guy suggested, I better put my new tutorials in the the sticky thread so they are easier for everyone to find!

HOW TO CREATE AND ANIMATE NATURALLY MOVING GRASS.

Yes, I'm on a particle tutorial bender lately but HEY! Why not? It's one of the coolest tools in Anime Studio so why not show off it's many uses right? Well this is something that I though a lot of people making animations might want to use as it is very subtle but can still ad a lot of life to a static scene. You could use this technique for a lot of other things like crop fields on a farm, flowers, random swinging chains, tree branches, spiderwebs ect..... There really are a ton of uses I can think of when using a few bones and some varied shaking. For this, I used a few bones, a 3 keyframes set to random movement and a particle layer to create a small field of grass. If you've used these tools before it is really simple and if not, watch the video and if you have questions just ask!

HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN DIGITAL NUMBER AND ANIMATE THEM WITH SWITCH LAYERS

Yet another quick and "maybe easy" tutorial on making digital numbers in AS. I know, there is already a sequencer in AS but I wanted to make this for newer users that they can create numbers pretty easy in Anime Studio and by using this method can have them lined up and ready to use in switch layers. It's good practice for those who have rarely, or have never used the grids in AS as well as get some other ideas for using switch layers for something other than body parts and mouths! I'm sure some of you have noticed I'm putting a little more effort into producing my videos lately but I'm just experimenting. I'm trying to make them somewhat fun to watch as well as informational so just bare with me as I try to find what kind of videos I want to end up making. This one has some music in the background as well as some little funny bits and bobbins put in it to keep it from being boring. Anyway, I hope a couple of find this useful and if not, post some suggestions as to what you think might make a good tutorial! Alrighty then!

HOW TO ANIMATE A DOOR THAT SWINGS OPEN/CLOSES

Yeah so, my last tutorial might have been a little too complex but this one is easy breezy! It takes a couple of minutes to set up and is really easy to animate! Although it's simple I think it will be pretty helpful to new users on Anime Studio as opening and closing doors is probably something everyone will come across when getting into animation and this is one solution for AS users. It was a request by one of my youtube subscribers so if anyone has any other ideas for simple tutorials let me know! If even one person finds this helpful, then that's good enough for me!

HOW TO MAKE AN ANIMATED AUDIO EQUALIZER

I am on a super binge of finding uses for creating randomly generated animation tutorials....and this one is no different. So yeah, as the title suggests, this is how to create an animated equalizer. So you could use this for a fancy car stereo display, an animation for audio products, some kind of visual HUD or what not. So basically this is a continuation of my flickering light tutorial. It is basically the same thing but has the difference of randomly moving points on a mask to hide and reveal objects. If you're familiar with AS it shouldn't be a problem for you to use and really, a beginner could watch through this and be alright with it to. It may seem complex but it's really basic principals you use in AS. Hope some of you guys and gals find this useful!!!!

HOW TO MAKE SNOW IN ANIME STUDIO

Here is another quick tutorial on how to make snow in AS Pro using particle effects. You just need a version of AS Pro that has particle effects (I can't remember what version it was introduced) and a few minutes to make this effect. It might seem complex but it's really easy to do and easy to alter. If you have any questions just ask! :)

HOW TO CREATE RANDOMLY FLICKERING LIGHTS IN ANIME STUDIO

This tutorial is for anyone who wants to create randomly flickering lights in anime studio. All you need to do is create two separate pieces of artwork (this can even work for photos) and use a smart bone to turn one of the layers on and off randomly. It may not seem easy at first, but once you learn how to use it you'll probably use it all the time!

MAKING TV STATIC EFFECT

Hi All!!

I was asked about making static too but I didn't see Victor's post until now when I was about to post mine! Ah well, it's always good to have different techniques to share! Mine isn't as good as Victors of course but it's super quick and simple to do so some of you guys might find it useful....or not! Still I'd like to share because it might spark an idea from someone else to create a different technique! :)

Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

Just adding to the collection! :)

This tutorial is on how to animate water waves in Anime Studio Pro. With one piece of artwork and a small amount of animating frames, you can simulate the movement of a liquid surface. It's a fairly straight forward tutorial but you must have Anime Studio Pro in order to use the particles. Also, be aware that using large amounts of particles that also contain effects like blurring or gradients will slow down your computer when rendering. Make sure you have your animation down before doing a full render!

Intro: 0:00 - 0:56
Creating Basic Shapes with Model Sheet Reference: 0:57 - 8:50
Creating the Turn with a Smart Bone Action: 8:51- 21:00
Cleaning up the Turn: 21:01- 28:16
Arrange layer Stacking: 21:40 - 23:50
Recoloring Adding Points: 28:40 - 42:28
Using Masking to Finish the Turn Effect: 42:29 - 1:09
Summary: 1:09:05 - 1:12:00

If you’re looking for shorter body turn tutorials for anime studio you might want to try these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk--a...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoDcd...

Having said that, I don’t expect many people to watch it but…..THIS IS MY BODY TURN TUTORIAL, THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE! :)

I KNOW! Over an HOUR for a tutorial? I must be smoking something right? Well, this is actually trimmed down! I could have made the artwork and just made a basic turn but I wanted to go into detail on how I created a body turn from the very start. I personally think it is important to show the whole process because for one, it can give you a sense of how much time it might take and two, it's easier to share little tips and tricks I've learned while using this program. So many times I watch tutorials that are so good but leave out little tid bits or leave out problems they encounter which, if shared would have saved me tons of time.

I love making quick short videos that I hope people will find useful but something like this just requires more detail. I don’t plan on making long tutorials like this but if what I’m trying to share requires it then….it is what it is! Haters gonna hate! LOL! Don’t worry though, I’m still going to do shorter videos. This one took…soooo long.. I feel like Tom Hanks at the end of Castaway. Full on beard and ragged clothes talking to inanimate objects. It’s too much I tell you!

For those of you who will say it's too long and are use to my fairly short videos....sorry. But people asked for a body turn tutorial and this is how I thought it should be done! I may make a shorter version with a much simpler character but as messy as this one is, I think it turned out alright! Hopefully annotation buttons will help. There are quite a few parts that you can skim through but just in case you want to know more you can watch the whole thing.

The artwork used was created and used with permission by Phil Bourassa. http://philbourassa.deviantart.com . I am totally honored and psyched that he even responded to me when I asked to use his art. Dude is an unbelievable talent and responsible for the design of most of the best looking animations to come out in the last decade.

Audio background was provided via the youtube audio library. The song title is “Into the Depths” by Jingle Punks under the category Cinematic/Dark

This is a tutorial on how to animate the effect of hand writing text. You can use this to animate a character drawing a picture, writing a letter or use it as an effect to show something getting scrubbed of. It requires a little bit of masking, tracing,the stroke exposure tool and the follow path tool.

A very easy to do lightsaber animation tutorial done in Anime Studio 11. Using the stroke exposure tool makes this possible in minutes. If you are use Anime studio and are having trouble making a lightsaber, this might help!

Epic Unease by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/...)
Source: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-...
Artist: http://incompetech.com/

Frozen Star by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/...)

This is a follow up to the light saber tutorial I did last week. A lot of people were asking me how I make the background for this and some of my other pieces of art. The answer is I usually do them in illustrator but for those of you who don't have that I thought I'd recreate (at least this one) in Anime studio.

It's nothing fancy but has a few good tips in it I think that might help save some time when creating stuff like this. This one again, is a little long but at least it's only like a TV show long instead of a movie! LOL!

A lot of people have been asking me how I create my characters and how I rig them and this would be one of the first steps.

Creating an eye rig for the face probably one of the most important partsof making my characters. I like to use a lot of facial expressions and this helps save an enormous amount of time. This isn't part of the series I'll be making but this is a quick and easy way to familiarize yourself with how I construct my faces.

There are several ways to create eyes but this is the method I use. It uses point binding to bones and then using those bones to manipulate key points.

I'll be making a character design tutorial soon but in the mean time I want to keep answering your questions and making other tutorials when ever I can. This video is really to follow up on questions that a few of my subscribers have had and I want I felt I couldn't answer them adequately in a text response. These aren't pretty, but they're still informative I hope.

I'm very thankful to anyone and everyone that has subscribed to my channel and enjoy my videos. I'm going to really try and make it better and better this year and hope to put out some good cartoons as well. I'll try my best to answer any questions you guys may have and if time allows I'll make video responses like this too!

Again, I appreciate the subs and views. I don't make money from them but it really helps me to stay motivated and let's me know that I'm doing the right thing by pursuing my passion! :)

Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

This is my first character creator tutorial. It covers most of the things I could think of to get started making a character. I'm sure it's missing a lot of info but it might have some tips that might help out newbies to the AS game!

This is a tutorial making special effects like those seen in anime cartoons or video games. Again, particles, particles, particles! One of the best features in Anime studio!

This is how I'd make a mirror reflection in AS. Nothing fancy, using s reference layer, masking and adding a little reflective surface to make it look like glass and BOOM!

This toot is how I'd make speed lines with a character flying forwards or backwards. Again, simple one object and a particle layer!

2nd Speed lines tutorial. Same concept but for side scrolling!

This is kind of a 3rd part in the speed line trilogy of tutorials! :) This one shows how to created a colored blur and touches on using the new color points tool!

This tutorial is really just about using masks to create portals, doorways or holes. You can use segmented layers for this effect too but this might help understand the basics of masking and how to use it to hide and reveal objects!

I've made a few tutorials on physics back in the day but this is an updated version. I wanted to show people how you could really use it in an animation so I illustrated the effect in the intro cartoon. It's simple but very effective!

I'm a noob when it comes to frame-by-frame animation but it IS awesome and is the most traditional way of animating in AS. I love it! It is time consuming and I wouldn't be able to make tutorials if I have to make them frame by frame but it is truly beautiful! This is my first attempt at creating a frame by frame effect of a bubble popping and it turned out pretty good!

A remake of an old tutorial on using photos or rasterized images as cutouts, similar to the technique that the website jibjab uses. My original was created when my old computer was near death. It had lines going across the screen and I had a horrible mic. This one goes more indepth and gives you a couple of examples on cutting out pictures using anime studio. Yes, you can cut out pics with photoshop but the point is to show you that it can all be done within AS! :)

This is another masking tutorial. This time to show you how to create the illusion of light within a scene!

This is a cool tutorial on using bone targets and position control bones to make a character move with the movement of ANY of the legs! (It's easier to watch and see what I mean!) I take no credit for this technique. It was discovered by Paul McGrath on the Anime Studio Pros facebook page in which he discovered a cool looking tutorial by Alexander Ptichkin that is it absolutely amazing but is in Russian so no one quite knew how he did it. Of course, Victor Paredes looked at it and came up with his own technique in which I became so jazzed by I made this just to see if I could make it work!

So I wanted to make a control smartbone in which I came up with a way to visually see all of my switch layers in a group. In this case hands. It's more of an idea than anything else but I don't know how practical it would be. Still, you might find this useful if you want to use switch layers for a project.

This is an update to the tutorial above. Once again, Victor Paredes shows me the light and error of my ways! This an EXTREMELY useful and fast way to rig your switch layers to a smart bone so you have a control dial. This really did change the way I animate! It' s amazing, fast and simple!

This tutorial is similar to the speed line tutorial but in this case it shows you how to use particles and objects that move into the background via 3d space. I just figured out how to do it and then made this so it could use a lot more tweaking but should get you started if you're wanting to make this effect!