Major realign

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

secs

Major realign

Post by secs »

Hi all.

Just trying out the software and have a song I am trying to sinc to but the voice starts some 30 seconds into the track. When I past the lyrics
into the box it spaces the words out from start to finish (as expected).

I am looking for how to shift the fist words in by 30 secods. I tried dragging green bar/words to the right but it compresses what effectively is the first line of the text only. Not really well explained.

Is there a way I can move the start of the words 30 seconds to the right and have it space the words from start to finish evenly. Then I can alighn up each sentence.
funksmaname

Re: Major realign

Post by funksmaname »

you could trim your track before loading it...
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

This is one of the many reasons for cutting an animatic first. After editing your scenes to the audio track (music in this case,) you can output the reference footage as clips based on your edit points. This way you have frame accurate visual and audio reference for each scene file in ASP.

Just be sure you're using the same frame rate in each program.

G.
secs

Post by secs »

So there is no way to move the whole track as I dont want to cut the first 30 seconds.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Actually, it isn't quite clear what you're describing. Are you trying to offset on-screen text animation, lip-sync, or some other animation to match the track? If so, then, yes, the Sequencer is the way to go. This shifts ALL the keys in a layer through time. But if you want to move a specific range of keys within the timeline, you do that in the regular Channels Editor by selecting those keys. It helps if you use the Timeline Markers to indicate where you wish to move everything.

Normally, the process (in any animation program) is to import the audio track first and then animate to the audio. This saves you from having to re-time or offset the animation later. Also, the audio should be trimmed beforehand to only what you should hear in a scene in your animatic edit, including any silence at the head. This makes it easy to simply over-cut the ASP render to the animatic edit in your video editor.

If that isn't what you're asking about, maybe posting a notated screen cap would help us understand.

G.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I was just thinking, maybe what you're seeing is the interpolation from frame 0? If that's the case, freeze your first keyframe before you move it, move the layer keys (either in Channels or Sequencer, depending on what you want to do) and then copy the frozen keys to frame 1. This will effectively hold the animation from the first frame.

G.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Not exactly what you are looking for, but this spaces the sentences out evenly in Papagayo.

http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... IC_ID=2033
And using it starts about 4min mark:
muddcliff

Post by muddcliff »

When you left mouse button on the green sentence in the middle it drags left to right and will squish.
But if you drag at the beginning of the green sentence it makes the sentence smaller as does draggin on the end.

IS this what you are looking for did you solve your problem ?