Double mouth confusion

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Telemacus

Double mouth confusion

Post by Telemacus »

Im currently working on a character (actually, most of the work was done by Dale, AKA dueyftw!) and Ive come accross a problem which I find rather confusing.
I'm using smartbone dials for the mouth (mouth1), so that the character can smile, displace a sad face, anger, whatever... but then I have another mouth which has been set up for lip-syncing (mouth 2, which is a switch layer).
How exactly do I go about choosing mouth 1 or mouth 2? do I put mouth1 + mouth2 (which is a switch layer already) in a switch layer so that I get to choose the one I want to use or should the whole thing be set up differently?
Just about every single tutorial that I've seen only mentions either mouths as switch layers for lip syncing or smartbone dials which control the mouth, as if lip syncing wasn't needed?
dueyftw

Re: Double mouth confusion

Post by dueyftw »

I hope this helps:

Dale
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Thanks a lot Dale!
Yes, that helps. I also experimented using a switch layer where I put:

a) the papagayo mouth (which is another switch layer!)
b) the smartbone-controlled mouth (which is not a switch layer).

It seems to work fine also.
The only issue that could potentially cause some (very minor) problems is when you transition from one mouth to another in a scene: a + b have to be in exactly the same position, but I guess that can be arranged.

Thanks again!
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

The only thing you should realize is that what ever you used for the last mouth and then went to the other mouth layer that mouth will be the one coming back. One work around is always use a 'rest' before going from one mouth layer to the other. And if for some reason that will not work you could change the mouth layer that your not using a few frames to what you need before the change.

Dale