Help spread Anime Studio to Social Media!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mtbuck24

Help spread Anime Studio to Social Media!

Post by mtbuck24 »

Hey guys,

My name is McCoy Buck. I am the creator of a Facebook Group called Anime Studio Pros. You can learn more about the group and it's objective on the article written about it by Smith Micro http://blog.mysmithmicro.com/blog/advic ... mccoy-buck

My goal with this group/name as stated in the article "I want this to be the ultimate resource for those on social media to ask questions, share animations, tips, tricks and ideas Anime Studio related."

I know I might have a bad rap with some of the members here in the Forum. But I want you to know I do not have any ill intentions and have created the group to help, inspire, and share Anime Studio and it's awesomeness with others.

There are currently 850+ members and growing! I have myself and 8 other moderators in the group to make sure there is no spam, inappropriate or unrelated content.

There are two groups.

One for beginners to ask questions, share their work, get critiques etc
The other group is for everyone to share work, seek inspiration, share their ideas etc.

So with out further ado JOIN THE GROUP!

Beginners Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnimeStudioProsBeg/
Pros Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnimeStudioPros/

Help me reach my goal and share Anime Studio with everyone!

Best regards,

McCoy Buck
Last edited by mtbuck24 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
slowtiger

Re: Help spread Anime Studio to Social Media!

Post by slowtiger »

Facebook.

Nope.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

C'mon slowtiger, Facebook is surely not everyone's cup of tea, but it is a pretty popular social media platform where people can easily share tips and ideas. It could certainly be useful to some.

Even if it's not of interest to you, it's not necessary to be so bluntly dismissive. :/
-ddrake
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I think slowtiger is just expressing his opinion....

...and I share it.
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

No, I understand and it's all cool. Just trying to show a little support for McCoy because I think his intentions are good.

It's just a different format that I've seen in some ways help expand and strengthen communities. Honestly, I'll admit I've seen it go quite terribly in others. Obviously, I don't think it's meant to try to convert people to use facebook if they don't like it or want to use it. So I was just saying maybe it's a little rough to jump to posting the negative dismissals right out of the gate.

That said, both of your opinions are valid and welcome. I'm not trying to attack or cause a stir, just trying to be supportive. :)
-ddrake
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

McCoy has made a great work with that group, he is a very good and dedicated community manager which keeps the community very active. That's not easy at all.
Personally, I prefer to post in this forum, because it's cleaner and easier to search information on it, but the Facebook group helps a lot of people which is simply not interested about visiting the forum. Facebook is quick, fun and closer to other communities and friends.
If can help there, I will (the same way I do it in Youtube, Twitter, e-mail or any other way).

PS: Of course we can criticize Facebook and talk about how much it remembers us 1984 (or Brave new world, maybe). Sadly, just like TV or Newspapers, it's part of the life of many people and it can be fun and useful.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
shift

Post by shift »

McKoy, I've been a part of the group for a little while now and I really appreciate you creating it. I spend more time on facebook and I find a get faster answers in your group so I love it. It's a great supplement for Lostmarbles.

I use lostmarbles sort of like a library because things are more organized here but I use Anime Studio Pros for quick discussions and help. Respect all the great support you have shown.
Rubendg

Post by Rubendg »

Hey McKoy, I like the idea, I just joined. It seems like a nice group.
Dpendleton77

Post by Dpendleton77 »

Facebook page is great,I am learning a lot of stuff on there.
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

synthsin75 wrote:I think slowtiger is just expressing his opinion....

...and I share it.
I agree. Besides, all the cool kids have moved on from facebook.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I never was a cool kid. "Everybody's there" is not relevant to me. Facebook, the company, stinks, and I'm not going to be involved with them.

That said, I wish everybody luck over there.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
RichardU

Post by RichardU »

Anyone interested in a social media platform that respects the rights and privacy of the users should check out: mewe.com