Neko and the Gecko Completed! :-)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

Neko and the Gecko Completed! :-)

Post by Little Yamori »

Well after more than 2 years of work, since I didn't have a story board when I started (will follow Greenlaw's advice next time), the Neko and the Gecko is finally done. It has approximately 200 animated clips that make up the entire animation, originally was supposed to be shorter, but needed the time to work out all the scenes. Tried to keep it paced quickly to flow better.

This was done completely in AS Debut 6. This software is so awesome that a newbee like me could do something like this for only my second major project. Thank you SmithMicro and to everyone on this board for their tips advice and sharing of knowledge. I think I did some pretty different looking things in this animation, so I hope you all like it.

P.S. Please ignore the promo part for my site since I would never spam this board.
willf

Re: Neko and the Gecko Completed! :-)

Post by willf »

I like it. The pacing is surprisingly quick for an 11 minute video. There's some great stuff here!

The whole thing was done in Anime Studio Debut 6?

Wow, I've got to get back to work now.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

willf wrote:I like it. The pacing is surprisingly quick for an 11 minute video. There's some great stuff here!

The whole thing was done in Anime Studio Debut 6?

Wow, I've got to get back to work now.
Thanks Willf :mrgreen: , Yup all the animation was done in AS Debut 6, did some voice recording in Debut 9, some photo editing in photoshop and sound editing in Adobe Soundbooth, and sequenced it all in Windows Live Movie Maker. Had some trouble getting volume levels consistent, found at times I was getting speaker crackles if I upped the volume in the AS sequencer even a little. I picked up Debut 9 with the hopes of upgrading to Pro at the time, but didn't like the interface, especially hate the missing Copy, Paste, Delete tabs above the timeline for keyframes, as well as other features that were missing or otherwise malfunctioning in Debut 9. Looking forward to picking up AS11 Pro for the next project (hope someone has a script for the Copy Paste, Delete tabs), as I have high hopes for what it can do with FBF and Smart Bones (but it all sounds good since I don't know how to use either one of those features yet :shock:

LY
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

'Jaw-droppingly' good especially considering that you accomplished this with Debut 6! I would not be surprised if Smith Micro featured it somehow.
I'm honored that someone with your talent inspired me to finish my own project. Congratulations!
Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

3deeguy wrote:'Jaw-droppingly' good especially considering that you accomplished this with Debut 6! I would not be surprised if Smith Micro featured it somehow.
I'm honored that someone with your talent inspired me to finish my own project. Congratulations!
Thanks 3deeguy for cheering me on. I'm glad you completed your work too. The more work that's done by everyone here leads to more possibilities and capabilities of the software realized.
Last edited by Little Yamori on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
JanR90

Post by JanR90 »

I love it! Nice animation and story :)
YouTube Cartoon Jokes Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2BQGB ... erPOIEXzAw
Youtube Personal Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_w74 ... 3jMryYMJeg
I want to thank everyone for liking, subscribing and support. You are awesome!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I liked the ceiling fan made from sycamore seeds and a button!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

That's really good!

It's refreshing to see someone who actually finishes something, rather than just doing endless animation tests and blaming everything except themselves for why they don't complete the project. :)

Is this going to be a series? What are your plans for it?
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

JaMike wrote:That's really good!

It's refreshing to see someone who actually finishes something, rather than just doing endless animation tests and blaming everything except themselves for why they don't complete the project. :)

Is this going to be a series? What are your plans for it?
Thanks JanR90, and Jahnocli for the compliments :D

JaMike, Thanks for the kind words. I will be doing my best to always finish what I start with these animations (otherwise I'll be asking myself why did I start in the first place). I began making my gecko pendants, and realized I wanted to create characters around them, so I built a website, which at the moment is in need of a complete re-do, but on there I wrote some stories that I illustrated (Gecko Tales), which my kids told me I should put on YouTube, so I picked up AS Debut 6 three years ago and started the tutorials etc..., but anyway my plans are to keep making stories, I have about 11 storyboarded out in different stages of development, along with a line of kids apparel (in development) to compliment the animations and pendants.

So in short (too late I guess :mrgreen: ) Some animations might be sequels, and some might be stand alones, but all will somehow or another relate back to Gecko Town.

Thx for asking,

LY
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Good job and congratulations on completing this!
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

neeters_guy wrote:Good job and congratulations on completing this!

Hey, thanks Neeters guy, I was relieved to finally have gotten through the whole story as I was looking forward to sharing here to get some feedback. I was just glad to have the jungle and water scenes come out halfway decent.

Thanks for checking it out.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

This is such a charming piece. I love the character designs and how you developed the details of the gecko's home. I also liked how the story tied together. Well done!
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

lwaxana wrote:This is such a charming piece. I love the character designs and how you developed the details of the gecko's home. I also liked how the story tied together. Well done!
Iwaxana you made my day! :D

Thanks for checking it out