Release date for Anime Studio 10.5/11

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Who would like to see a progress update on the next version of AS?

I would
100%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes: 25
mtbuck24

Release date for Anime Studio 10.5/11

Post by mtbuck24 »

Hey there!

Just wondering if anyone heard any rumors or know of a release date for the next version of Anime Studio?

I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas, except in this case I don't know when Christmas is....haha

I have high hopes for the next release, since every one that has released so far as far as new versions have been pretty sweet. My birthday was coming up in May and wanted to see if I could get the next version for a present ;)

or if any moderators can give a release date or something to let us know how it's going would be awesome too!

Thanks!

-McCoy

(hopefully this doesn't get me in trouble :P )
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
dkwroot

Re: Release date for Anime Studio 10.5/11

Post by dkwroot »

AS has a 15-18 month update cycle. AS11 should release sometime between June-September.
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

I thought it was around the corner :(
npcomplete

Post by npcomplete »

Is the next version 10.5 or will it be 11? The only mid-cycle update so far was 9.5
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Okay, they're hinting on their Facebook page today that "something big is coming."
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Yup, looks like they released a teaser image:
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

I feel like something big is coming....
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

That was a reference to the verbiage they used in the FB post, by the way. You know, a joke. :)
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

I'm offended Jayfaker...
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

Well, for further levity, we could analyze the image to death like people do Apple announcements. I predict the big new innovation will be slanted text! Oh, no wait, that's the side of the software box. Do people still buy software boxes?
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Not if you want the smoking deal SM gives if you upgrade from ASP 10 :P (Sarcasm)
ianmage1

Post by ianmage1 »

In a comment from the AS page itself:
"End of May! Coming real soon!"
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1
Majoring in computer science doesn't leave much time for animation...
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

I'm still on ASP 9.5, does anyone know what I should do regarding upgrading so close to a new release. Is there a benefit to doing it now or should I just wait for this next release?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't know because we don't have a full announcement about this 'mystery' product yet, just a teaser pic and some speculation. :wink:

IMO, if the next release really is just around the corner, I'd wait for further announcements before buying 10. But bear in mind that, according to the FB post, release for this hinted-at-product is sometime this summer, so that could be as early as next month or as late as August.

FWIW, I found several features in ASP 10 well worth upgrading for, most notably the new constraints. There are also a lot of nice workflow improvements like the consolidation of some tools and the ability to open multiple documents at the same time. Having completed a couple of projects this past year in ASP 10, I think I would have a hard time going back to 9.5 now. I guess if you absolutely need the 10 features to do a big job right now, it's worth it because upgrade cost is quite reasonable and can be folded into the production's budget.

But if you're a hobbyist, you might want to wait and see what upgrade deals are offered when the next release is about to come out. Just a thought.

G.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Greenlaw wrote:I don't know because we don't have a full announcement about this 'mystery' product yet, just a teaser pic and some speculation. :wink:

IMO, if the next release really is just around the corner, I'd wait for further announcements before buying 10. But bear in mind that, according to the FB post, release for this hinted-at-product is sometime this summer, so that could be as early as next month or as late as August.
The next release is at the end of May. I'd suggest anyone looking to upgrade to just wait 2 weeks for AS 11. I'm betting that there are some major updates in the next version so it's definitely worth waiting for.