AnimeStudioTutor.com - Competition

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

jezjones29

AnimeStudioTutor.com - Competition

Post by jezjones29 »

Over the past few days I have created a new competition section at AnimeStudioTutor.com. Now each month there will be a theme which you can create a shared file for. Once your file is submitted viewers can vote for it. The competitions will run for a month and the voting will continue throughout the following month. The entries with the most votes will be judged and a winner announced shortly after.
The starting theme is: 'An Animated Ant' - I hope you can join in! Good luck!
More info can be found here:
http://www.animestudiotutor.com/link/150/

Update:
I have now put together a page that will automatically update with all the winners:
http://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_ ... n/archives
Last edited by jezjones29 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Yamori

Re: AnimeStudioTutor.com - Competition

Post by Little Yamori »

Just a question on the entries, I began the process but saw that it's required to share the original anime file with rigs etc... is that just for proof that the work was made in AS??

Also, I need to make sure that my work does Not fall under the "Creative Commons" as my main character is under my company's Trademark and copyright. I saw that there was an opt out in the description box area, but I would like to know if I could get some confirmation somehow. (I only have a 4 second scene that I already did that fits the contest, and my main character is hardly visible, but his rig can't be made available). Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but I have to cover mine :wink:

Thanks,

LY
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

The idea is that by sharing the files we can all learn from each other. Others will also be able to vote on how well you've used Anime Studio.
I have updated the upload form with new licence options. There you will now be able to select 'retain full copyright'. You can also state any others terms you wish in the description.
I think I've seen your video. If you want you could remove your main character that appears in the background from the shared file.
Others have shared files in the past but been unable to share some of the artwork used in the final productions.
I hope this helps and answers your question.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Thanks,

That'll help, I'll also pull him from the file, which should take care of it from my end. I felt weird bringing it up as I wanted to participate just for the fun of it, but then I had to deal with the rights issue. Anyway thanks for the feedback, and I hope there will be a bunch of entries.

LY
lawnmower70

Post by lawnmower70 »

Hello, I am working on an entry into this month's competition "a bear in the woods". My question is, I have a few anime studio files that I am using to tell the story. Do you want me to upload/share them all?
Livestreaming games and Anime Studio usually every night starting around 9 eastern time.
www.twitch.tv/stugots70
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

@lawnmower70 I'm trying to keep the competition as fair as possible, so if you could share them all that would be great. Please zip the files into one zip file first though (.anme files compress very well). Please contact me if the zip file is larger than 2MB as there is a limit on the website.
Thanks for your efforts.
lawnmower70

Post by lawnmower70 »

OK, thank you for the response. I'm working as hard as I can, as time permits to get it done by the end of the month. I may have over thought it a bit though LOL. Anyway, hope its worth the effort. (I'll just be satisfied with an animation I'm happy with).
Livestreaming games and Anime Studio usually every night starting around 9 eastern time.
www.twitch.tv/stugots70
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

Just a quick reminder that this month's competition theme is: "A Dog's life"

Last month's competition "A cute cat" is also open for voting

So far "A bear in the woods" has been the most successful.
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

I'm confused by the uploading original file, as all the competitions in the voting section I looked at are on youtube?
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

The YouTube videos are there so you can see the final result. Each entry can also be downloaded so you can see how they did it.
For example: http://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_files?id=152 - here you can see the final version and download the original Anime Studio file.
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

Ok, that makes sense. So, is the original format just the unrendered anime studio file?

And it says " Anime Studio Debut or Pro (Any version)". Does that include anime studio 9 pro?
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

That's correct - The unrendered file. If you use any external media such as .jpg of .mp3 files then you should gather the media first and zip the results: http://www.animestudiotutor.com/introdu ... re_a_file/

Anime Studio 9 pro is fine.
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

I noticed that the video's are all on youtube, but there doesn't seam to be a place to link a youtube address on the competition entry page. How does that work?
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

humanistheart wrote:I noticed that the video's are all on youtube, but there doesn't seam to be a place to link a youtube address on the competition entry page. How does that work?
Sorry just seen this message - There's a YouTube button in the description part when you add your file - just enter your YouTube video link id (11 characters) in the popup - this then adds your link between the mark up tags:
[youtube]####[/youtube]
I hope that makes sense.
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

November's theme is: "Sleepy Squirrel"
http://www.animestudiotutor.com/competition

Last month's competition theme was 'run rabbit run' which had three entries. You can vote on them here:
http://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_ ... ion/?id=23

Remember entries will also be considered for the 2016 awards.
The 2015 awards can be seen here: http://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared_ ... ards/2015/