how to convert current animation to be on 2s

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ShadowCory

how to convert current animation to be on 2s

Post by ShadowCory »

I see how to work interval settings now, but is there a way to convert an existing animation to be on 2s? My thought was to use a script that bakes the animation to every frame, then scale it to be half the time, then rescale it back up. Hopefully deleting every other frame, then setting all keys to stepped.
Plan didn't work because the script did not seem to work. It ran thru the animation a few times, but did not write any key frames.
I downloaded the script from the Anime Studio Scripts site.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: how to convert current animation to be on 2s

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Just select all the keyframes, right click over them and select interval>2
I have been animating a lot on 2's this months, maybe this tutorial I made can be useful for you
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26783
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
ShadowCory

Post by ShadowCory »

Thanks for that video, Selgin. It was an inspiration to me :-) . It seems when I try to highlight the bones then select the key frames and right click, the interval selection is grayed out. I will try again tonight. Not at home atm.
ShadowCory

Post by ShadowCory »

Ok, cool! I was doing it wrong, by clicking on the first setup frame when I was multiselecting the keys. Once I skipped that one, I was given the option to set the interval.
Here it is on 1s:

And on 2s:

Of course, I am going for a pencil or line animation style. Does the 12fps detract from it? I am not married to all the conventions, so I don't mind breaking a rule or two every now and then if the art of the piece as a whole shines through better.

Cory
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Very nice. Have you tried a render without the shadow? I think that would look even more like pencil then, this shadow practically screams "DIGITAL" all over it.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
ShadowCory

Post by ShadowCory »

slowtiger wrote:Very nice. Have you tried a render without the shadow? I think that would look even more like pencil then, this shadow practically screams "DIGITAL" all over it.
Ha ha! Absolutely right. I will do that. I am using that shadow like people used lens flares in 3d renders when it first became available. :lol: Guilty of using a feature just because I can :wink: