PNG transparency

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Haven't had the time to try your brushes out yet, but top grass looks pretty much like what I'm after. I'll get back to this thread.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I have two minor suggestions for brush features related to this. If you look at this image again

you will see on the brushes with alpha that where the brush images start to overlap they appear darker. Would it be possible to add something like a 'fade in, fade out, oscillating fade, random' to the brush spacing settings? This way you could say draw a line and with 'fade in' the spacing of the brushes would get closer and closer with the result that because of the overlap the line appears to go from lighter at the beginning to darker? Or I guess if the pen pressure could affect transparency or spacing that could do it as well. 'Oscillating fade' would go from a min spacing to a max repatedly which would be yet another way to change the texture/character of the line with dark/light variations.

Another would be to allow 'use brush as fill?' or similar. I know you can pick a texture but what I mean is a similar 'brush picking' box where you can have some basic small images like halftone dots, crosshatch, lines, and similar patterns to quickly fill a shape readily available.

Finally my last hare brained suggestion how about a function where you can select multiple brushes and have them drawn randomly on the line; for example I create a saw tooth 'up' brush and a saw tooth 'down' and by picking them both and applying I end up with a serrated blade. I know you can draw a serrated so this is a simple example but might be interesting to be able to create variations without having to draw many brushes -ie instead of having one brush like this [ which will give me this [[[[[[ and one like this ] which will give me this ]]]]]] and then if I want [][][] I have to make another [] brush by allowing us to pick multiple you could use the basic shapes to make more variations

just a few ideas for LM's rainy day list. :)
Another suggestion would be
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]