Just started crashing for no reason

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

satanictesticles

Just started crashing for no reason

Post by satanictesticles »

Hi,

I'm running Moho 5.2.1.. it has been working fine for me since it was released, however in the last 24 hours it has been shitting itself for no reason.

For example, I run the program and in a new document I try and double-click on "fill colour" .. and it crashes. It's just the standard windows-crash-error...

"..Moho has encoutered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience." .....

It also does it when trying to select the project-background colour, so I thought it was something to do with colour-selection... but it also did it when I started a new 'bone' group, and tried to drag some .PNG files under that bone group....

Any idea what might be causing this?

I have tried un-installing then re-installing but the same thing happens. I've tried using Moho under a different log-on ID on the computer and it still happens.
satanictesticles

update

update on my last post: i have installed v 5.1.1 and the same thing happens, except I don't even get into Moho... it semi-loads, then the same error comes up before i even get to the workspace area.

What is going on???
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I could be wrong but I think I saw somwthing about this kind of thing once. I't's possible the "moho.user.settings" file got corrupted and isn't being replaced on the reinstall. So if you uninstall the program, go into your "Documents and Settings" folder. In the folder for your usual user settings, mine's called "Stupid" at the moment, and look for the Moho settings. In my case the path would be

Documents and Settings>Stupid>Application Data>Lost Marble>Moho

Inside that Moho folder is the "moho.user.settings" file. If it's still there after the uninstall, delete it before you reinstall. Might help.

Also, I believe you can just delete that file without having to reinstall, and Moho will just rebuild a proper default settings file.
satanictesticles

Thanks for the reply, I tried what you said but unfortunately it's still crashing.

It's doing it for everything - even when I started a new document it paused and crashed.

I have no idea what's causing this!

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Might be something in the registry that's broken. Try to use some kind of registry cleaner (google for it) after you have unistalled Moho.
I get crashes once in a while which seems to be memory related, when there's too much for Moho to handle it crashes, but that doesn't seem to be what you got.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

When you uninstalled Moho, did you make sure the C:\Program Files\Moho folder was completely deleted? Just in case there's something left over that's causing problems.