Stopping vertical Motion in a prepared Monster

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JonnyPoet

Stopping vertical Motion in a prepared Monster

Post by JonnyPoet »

Hi!
I'm pretty new in Animation and just learning first steps using Tutorial.
Now I tried to use the green prepared 'Monster' (Anime Studio 9.5 Debut) with the already build in 'walk' property.
On the timeline after some seconds (72 frames) I inserted a new Keyframe to stop walking.
This works but after it has stopped his feet the monsters body still moves a bit up and wown in the same rythm then it does when walking. I could not find out hwere this motion comes from an Image d how to stop it. so it keeps still on the place withot any movement. Can anyone help or show any tutorial explaining this a bit more so I can repair this myself. On the Added picture you can see the monster ( I changed Color to yellow) and the arrow on the righht side shows the relation of how much it moves up and down even when the motion is stopped. Thx for any help in before
Jonny Poet
hayasidist

Re: Stopping vertical Motion in a prepared Monster

Post by hayasidist »

I don't have debut 9.5 so I'm guessing ... but ...

As you've added a keyframe and things have not completely stopped, it seems as though you've not got the edit/preferences "Consolidate Timelines Channels" checked (this is not the problem as such -- indeed this is the way most Pro users work).

But there's more than one bone involved in a walk, and there's more than one type of bone action; so to stop things, you'll need to stop all the motion (i.e. add a keyframe) on each timeline channel involved in the walk ... and so it looks as though you've correctly keyed one (group / action) to stop the cycle but not another.

so you'll need to add keyframes for all the bones and all the actions involved. The simple way is to hit ctrl-F (Bone / Freeze Pose) where you want things to stop.

there are other ways (that will allow you to, say, stop the "bounce" a short while after the legs have stopped) .. so ask if you're interested in going deeper...
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

A quick and easy way to stop a walk can be done using "Freeze pose". This will place a key frame in all of the channels at the moment in time where you placed it. And in your case will stop the walk. Now, maybe the limbs of the character stopped in a weird position than you would like. this can simply be fixed by advancing the timeline by 5 or 6 frames and then moving the limbs of you character into a relaxed position of your choosing. This just makes it look as though the character came to a stop.
This can be done two ways. 1) Press CONTROL & F or COMMAND F if on Mac. 2) Go to Bone menu and you will see Freeze Pose down near bottom.

I hope this helps. This is only one of the ways that Freeze pose is intended to be used, and not always the best way either. It just depends on what you trying to do...

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
JonnyPoet

Post by JonnyPoet »

Thx a lot for both of you. :D :D
I had to handle other views of the monster especially the front view and then it was done
Now the monster keeps quiet when I stop it going.
Jonny
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

I just did a tutorial that mentions this kind of stuff! I am also a beginner! Let me know if it helps :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRAgL_u ... t_yAW7sjxA
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck