Webinar: Character Rigging and Animation in Anime Studio 10

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Re: Webinar: Character Rigging and Animation in Anime Studio

Post by heyvern »

I watched the youtube recording after the webinar and didn't have any real problems hearing victor. It was a tad low, so I just turned up the volume.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Sorry about the audio, it was my fault, I had a last hour problem and couldn't get the microphone I usually use. I really apologize about that.
About the picking a glass, sorry, but I didn't understand well some questions in that moment. I noticed I answered something else after watching the webinar on youtube. I hope the "incomplete" answers (when no totally wrong :roll:) were still useful for you.

I promise to try to improve my English comprehension and get a better mic for the next webinar.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

Hey Victor - I watched the Youtube version of the webinar as well. It was awesome!

I have to thank you so much for doing webinars generally. I have learned so much through all of the AS videos and webinars I have seen to date, but I have to say that yours and some videos by Mike Scott are my faves.

I think they are more appealing because both you and Mike use characters that look fun and cool right from the start. And then when you see it all in action it makes sense to me immediately.

Love your work! Love your webinars! Thank you! Please keep them coming!!!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

Sorry about the audio
Selgin, calm down. It was not that bad. It could have been better maybe, BUT it was not any real problem.
I hope the "incomplete" answers (when no totally wrong :roll:) were still useful for you.
You answers were fine, and are always useful.
I promise to try to improve my English comprehension.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny, I don't think your English needs to get better. Its good enough for me. The problem I have is I don't understand ANY Spanish..... Selgin, I have watched the video's on your YouTube channel many times, and have no clue what your saying in those video's. BUT, I enjoy watching them anyway. I just try to follow along. :lol: :lol: :lol: Dont worry about your English, I think my Spanish needs help. :D

SO, Keep making these videos when you can, because they ARE ALWAYS worth watching. Even in Spanish. :lol: (But, English is preferred since I don't speak any Spanish). My daughter tells me all the time that my English and spelling of English are not any good either. I'm 46 years old and still trying to master my native language. :oops: :lol: Thankfully we have spell check.... My daughter is learning German in school and comes home speaking to me in German all the time. I often wonder if she is calling me bad names or something. :shock: Oh well.

Keep up the good work Selgin!

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Selgin, your English is better than most, if not all, Spanish speaking people I know. In some parts of Texas, Spanish is the main language and they know little or no English. I had absolutely no problem under standing you at all but I am used to the way Spanish speaking people speak English.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

selgin wrote:I promise to try to improve my English comprehension
Don't you dare!

I actually look forward to your webinars, because of your techniques and your mannerisms, which make a great package.

Funnily enough, I wasn't able to get home in time and I listened to most of this webinar whilst driving, via webex on my mobile phone over a cellular network in the UK and never had an issue hearing or understanding what was said.

On the other hand, I stopped watching the first youtube webinar that I ever watched ( Anime Studio 10 New Features Overview ) - because the audio during the intro was abysmal. I have since watched all of it and it is great, but I thought how could anyone publish this, and I am still of that mind. I don't understand why the intro could not have been overdubbed before it was published? Especially when it may be the first introduction that new and potential users get to the product. After all - they do say that "first impressions count".
Last edited by SimplSam on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Pesto

Post by Pesto »

Victor,
Great webinar! You have a unique entertaining style to your animations that make them a pleasure to watch. I was wondering if you plan on doing more webinars, perhaps one where you go thru the process of making a character and rigging? Or just one on your thoughts of character design for animation using the tools of ASPro.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I was registered for this, but never made it... I've now watched the whole thing and I think it's really great - and nice to see you demo some of your techniques.
The sound really isn't that bad at all, I had no problem hearing and understanding everything.

Another cool webinar Victor :)
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

selgin wrote:I had a last hour problem and couldn't get the microphone I usually use. I really apologize about that.
It kind of sounded like listening through a phone - it was fine. More importantly is how great this tutorial is! I was on the fence about the upgrade but the application of these target bones alone are phenomenal. I definitely need to take the plunge, as it were. The only hesitation is in reading about the technical glitches people are seeing.

Really great tutorial, though as always you make it look so easy it's somewhat disheartening.
~Danimal
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hi Selgin! I agree with all the praise to your tutorial, I found it very interesting and I learned a lot from it!
I'm glad that you used the samples that are included in the library so that's possible to studie them more carefully.

I was assigned to the webinar but I could, out of lack of time, don't attend, but now I have watched it afterwards and enjoyed it a lot.
Thank you!! :D
exile

Post by exile »

Yesterday and today I watched the webinar, thank you, Victor. You have a talent for explaining things. If you ever get tired of animating, you could always teach.

The audio in webinars could be better in general. The first webinar about Version 10 features started off sounding like it was recorded in a metal bucket, but fortunately got better. In the character rigging video, I could understand what Victor was saying, but had to concentrate because of the audio quality, not because of his English.

Edited and Added:

Thanks very much for the gift of the character with the guitar. I got distracted from the new features because I was fascinated to see how a character with so few layers could move so well. Was this done by point binding of the bones? Please tell us the secret.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I think your lack of English language made you a better presenter. I like the way you move your cursor on the mouse to make a point. You seemed to have a gift of the way you present what you are doing. I learn much just by watching and you make sure that you didn't do it so fast that we could catch up on what you were doing.
exile

Post by exile »

Actually, Victor's English is much better than his Spanish. I watched a webinar of his in Spanish and only understood Alt y Shift. :-)

Still learned something, though.

What I couldn't do was start just from the drawing of the guitar player, create a skeleton from scratch and get it to move properly. I can live with the standard procedure of one layer per limb, but I'm curious about how Victor managed to keep legs, torso, arm and head in one layer and make them work so well, even with a dozen smart bones.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

exile wrote:Actually, Victor's English is much better than his Spanish. I watched a webinar of his in Spanish and only understood Alt y Shift. :-)

Still learned something, though.

What I couldn't do was start just from the drawing of the guitar player, create a skeleton from scratch and get it to move properly. I can live with the standard procedure of one layer per limb, but I'm curious about how Victor managed to keep legs, torso, arm and head in one layer and make them work so well, even with a dozen smart bones.
I was thinking the same thing. There are so many different ways of building characters, rigging them, and even binding bones. I'd like to see a webinar covering this type of information in a bit more depth, especially with all the new features of v10...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

With the new features or even old features, it can take quite a bit of time to demonstrate the process of creating an entire character from start to finish. Plus, each one can be so different. It is very hard to squeeze that much into an hour without talking really really fast and skipping over parts. ;)

The best way to learn how to create a "whole character" is to learn what each feature can do and it's intended purpose, then as you create a character you think "oh cool! I can use that whatchamacallit for this part!" or "This is where that gizmo will work!".

At least, that's how I learned years ago and still do now when new features come out.

I watched Victor's tutorial. I already knew how to use all of those features. Understood how they worked, but actually seeing how different things are APPLIED in specific situations to get some cool result makes me sit there with my jaw hanging open saying.. "I never would have thought of using it like that!". ;)

I store that info in my head or pop open Anime Studio and "try it out" so I won't forget.