Videos not smooth issue

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

richinri

Videos not smooth issue

Post by richinri »

I am going through tutorials and the manual and I have noticed consistently that when I make a video the motion isn't smooth. It is like you can see traces of previous frames for a split second. This seems to happen even when I make highest quality. It kind of looks like frames are being skipped in the render. I start with all the default program and project settings that were put in place during installation. Any suggestions? :?:
Danimal

Re: Videos not smooth issue

Post by Danimal »

When I first used Anime Studio I had a similar issue. I noticed when I changed the frame rate from 29.97 as it was set by default to 24 fps the ghost effect you describe went away.
~Danimal
richinri

Post by richinri »

Thanks. I wish that was the issue. I am also using 24 fps which is the default.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

How big are the final movies? Often the movies are too big for the computer to playback smoothly. The movie quality is fine, the computer just lags due to the resolution/size of the movie.

Try rendering a smaller resolutions and see if it still isn't playing smoothly.
richinri

Post by richinri »

I will do some more experimenting and reply with my results.
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

Is it the render directly out of AS? Or is it the playback in a video editor? This might be more of an editing issue, but I noticed when I rendered in Sony Vegas, I would have lots of either dropped frames, or ghosting when I played it back. What I did was disable resampling, and that cleared everything up. Or, as heyvern suggested, it could be that the quality of the video outscores the amount of RAM you have, which is gonna be put a lot of strain on your machine.