New Ben Affleck/Batman Animated Short

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jjwinks

New Ben Affleck/Batman Animated Short

Post by jjwinks »

Hey all,

Please check out my new animated short created with Anime Studio Pro 9.5!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFx4V4FpFsQ

Best,

Jared
Yosemite Sam

Re: New Ben Affleck/Batman Animated Short

Post by Yosemite Sam »

Loved it!
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Loved it too, and I remember the reactions when it was announced that heat Ledger would be the next Joker, now the same idiots are bashing Ben Afleck, peoples are dumb, and they never learn!
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

GCharb wrote:Loved it too, and I remember the reactions when it was announced that heat Ledger would be the next Joker, now the same idiots are bashing Ben Afleck, peoples are dumb, and they never learn!
Now now, Heath Ledger never made Daredevil or Gigli so maybe some hesitation is justified. Then again, given movie making nowadays, Ben Affleck will only be in it for 30 seconds, the rest will be a terrible CGI version of him.

The cartoon was funny though and well animated.
~Danimal
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Danimal wrote:Now now, Heath Ledger never made Daredevil or Gigli so maybe some hesitation is justified. Then again, given movie making nowadays, Ben Affleck will only be in it for 30 seconds, the rest will be a terrible CGI version of him.
That is so funny! ;)

When it was announced that Heat Ledger would become the new Joker, the Internet was flooded with comments like batman the gay cowboy, and tons of reference of him in Knight tales, and much much more, but the new Joker turned out great!

Yeah, Affleck did play in questionable movies, like most actors really, but He also played in really good ones, movies like good will hunting and argo comes to mind, so why put him down for the bad ones.

He is ton better then he used to be, and let's be honest here, the role of Batman requires a solid presence much more then top notch play, and He sure cant do worst then some of the previous Batman, referring to the likes of Adam West, Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer here!

Like the clip says, give the guy a chance, if its bad, then bitch him all You want!
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

GCharb wrote:Like the clip says, give the guy a chance, if its bad, then bitch him all You want!
I actually have zero desire to see the movie no matter who they get to play Batman. Well, unless it's Adam West. :lol:
~Danimal
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Heath Ledger was actually a good actor. That's the main difference. :)

Affleck just doesn't have the acting skills. He is "the same" in all of his movies. I've never seen him really stretch as an Actor. Heath completely and totally transformed into a totally different character as the Joker. You didn't see Heath. All you saw on screen was this crazy lunatic. I just can't see Affleck being able to do that kind of performance.

Affleck is too young, or at least he looks too young and his persona is too young. He looks... too "soft". Baby face. That's what happened with Superman returns, the guy they picked looked like he was barely out of puberty and people just didn't buy it. The next incarnation of Batman should be someone who is "older" both in appearance and spirit. Someone who looks like he has been to heck and back. This is "The Dark Knight". That story line is the older grizzled batman. Need an actor with some baggage to bring along. ;)

If this is a "4th" continuation of the previous trilogy, Affleck is bad casting.

If however, this is a "third reboot", or a completely and entirely "different" movie in style and direction, maybe it will work. I just don't think Ben has the acting chops to portray the backstory of the batman we've been watching in the last 3 movies. Of course not everyone believed that Heath Ledger had the kind of acting skills to pull off the Joker the way he did. Maybe Affleck will pull off some kind of miracle. :)

[edit] Hold on a second. Are we certain this "Batman" is Bruce Wayne? Didn't the last one have Bruce retire? Maybe Affleck is the nightwing/robin character. That I could believe.

p.s. Sorry! Forgot to mention AWESOME animation. Laughed my arse off. :)
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Danimal wrote:
GCharb wrote:Like the clip says, give the guy a chance, if its bad, then bitch him all You want!
I actually have zero desire to see the movie no matter who they get to play Batman. Well, unless it's Adam West. :lol:
;)
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

heyvern wrote:Heath Ledger was actually a good actor. That's the main difference. :)

Affleck just doesn't have the acting skills. He is "the same" in all of his movies. I've never seen him really stretch as an Actor.
Oh C'mon! His jerk character in Dazed & Confused had way longer hair than his jerk character in Mallrats :!:
Adam
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

heyvern wrote:Heath Ledger was actually a good actor. That's the main difference. :)

Affleck just doesn't have the acting skills. He is "the same" in all of his movies. I've never seen him really stretch as an Actor. Heath completely and totally transformed into a totally different character as the Joker. You didn't see Heath. All you saw on screen was this crazy lunatic. I just can't see Affleck being able to do that kind of performance.

Affleck is too young, or at least he looks too young and his persona is too young. He looks... too "soft". Baby face. That's what happened with Superman returns, the guy they picked looked like he was barely out of puberty and people just didn't buy it. The next incarnation of Batman should be someone who is "older" both in appearance and spirit. Someone who looks like he has been to heck and back. This is "The Dark Knight". That story line is the older grizzled batman. Need an actor with some baggage to bring along. ;)

If this is a "4th" continuation of the previous trilogy, Affleck is bad casting.

If however, this is a "third reboot", or a completely and entirely "different" movie in style and direction, maybe it will work. I just don't think Ben has the acting chops to portray the backstory of the batman we've been watching in the last 3 movies. Of course not everyone believed that Heath Ledger had the kind of acting skills to pull off the Joker the way he did. Maybe Affleck will pull off some kind of miracle. :)

[edit] Hold on a second. Are we certain this "Batman" is Bruce Wayne? Didn't the last one have Bruce retire? Maybe Affleck is the nightwing/robin character. That I could believe.

p.s. Sorry! Forgot to mention AWESOME animation. Laughed my arse off. :)
It's for the next Superman movie. It's going to be a Superman vs Batman type of movie from what I've read. Not part of the Christopher Nolan franchise. I have mixed feelings on Affleck playing Batman, but he has come a long way, and as Matt Damon said about it, "You know, he's not playing King Lear."

Apparently Warner Bros has been interested in Affleck portraying batman since like 1999/2000. Maybe they know something we don't.
Jimmy Mills

Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

drumlug13 wrote:

Affleck just doesn't have the acting skills. He is "the same" in all of his movies. I've never seen him really stretch as an Actor.
Oh C'mon! His jerk character in Dazed & Confused had way longer hair than his jerk character in Mallrats :!:
Lol!

I actually loved him in the Boiler Room.
Jimmy Mills

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Yosemite Sam wrote: It's for the next Superman movie. It's going to be a Superman vs Batman type of movie from what I've read. Not part of the Christopher Nolan franchise. I have mixed feelings on Affleck playing Batman, but he has come a long way, and as Matt Damon said about it, "You know, he's not playing King Lear."

Apparently Warner Bros has been interested in Affleck portraying batman since like 1999/2000. Maybe they know something we don't.
Yeah, it's for superman, but it's suppose to lead in to another batman movie as well (they left the last trilogy movie open ended). Apparently they asked Christian Bale to come back as batman for the next superman but he turned it down.
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

heyvern wrote:
Yosemite Sam wrote: It's for the next Superman movie. It's going to be a Superman vs Batman type of movie from what I've read. Not part of the Christopher Nolan franchise. I have mixed feelings on Affleck playing Batman, but he has come a long way, and as Matt Damon said about it, "You know, he's not playing King Lear."

Yeah, it's for superman, but it's suppose to lead in to another batman movie as well (they left the last trilogy movie open ended). Apparently they asked Christian Bale to come back as batman for the next superman but he turned it down.
Bale is one of those actors that becomes possessed by the characters he portrays, so it doesn't surprise me he is ready to move on. I'm actually surprised he stayed committed for 3 Batman films.
Jimmy Mills