lostmarble.com website down?

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jorgy

lostmarble.com website down?

Post by jorgy »

It looks like it is DNS issues. I was only able to get here by using the IP address. Anybody else seeing this?
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

hasn't happened to me :?
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Was happened to me. I typed "what 's happened to lostmarble" and found the
forum again.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...I couldn't enter in the last HOUR and half! I was very SCARED :!: and I was wondering again if Toom :evil: Boom company will have not something to do with it... hmmm... :?
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Ramón López wrote:...I couldn't enter in the last HOUR and half! I was very SCARED :!: and I was wondering again if Toom :evil: Boom company will have not something to do with it... hmmm... :?
That thought had crossed my mind too...
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

jorgy wrote:
Ram?n L?pez wrote:...I couldn't enter in the last HOUR and half! I was very SCARED :!: and I was wondering again if Toom :evil: Boom company will have not something to do with it... hmmm... :?
That thought had crossed my mind too...
Better break out the tin foil beanies guys. I think there might be men in black suits listening in on your thoughts, too....

8)
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I think the same thing: some big fish acquired lostmarble and shooted down everything.
Today, Discreet acquired Alias. Say "goodbye" to Maya..
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

kdiddy13 wrote:Better break out the tin foil beanies guys. I think there might be men in black suits listening in on your thoughts, too....

8)
When people are out to get you, being paranoid is a good thing!!

:lol: :lol:
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Ramón López wrote:...I couldn't enter in the last HOUR and half! I was very SCARED :!: and I was wondering again if Toom :evil: Boom company will have not something to do with it... hmmm... :?
hehe, that was the first thing in my mind when i read this thread :lol:

(Keep this in mind: there are very evil companies out there, my little children.)+ 8)
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

red hamster wrote:I think the same thing: some big fish acquired lostmarble and shooted down everything.
Today, Discreet acquired Alias. Say "goodbye" to Maya..
I sincerely doubt that they'll get rid of Maya in favor of 3D studio seeing as the FX industry has millions (possibly billions) invested in it and the pipelines it uses. But it definitely is a concern...
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Maya is , most probably , a better and less expensive software than max.
Maya complete is 2000 bucks, Max license is much more expensive.

Remember wordstar and wordstar 2000? You can 't sell 2 product rivals for the same market.
I hate monopolies: high prices , products less good.
Still there is Lightwave, xsi, silo etc but until when?
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

red hamster wrote:Maya is , most probably , a better and less expensive software than max.
Maya complete is 2000 bucks, Max license is much more expensive.

I hate monopolies: high prices , products less good.
Still there is Lightwave, xsi, silo etc but until when?
Agreed. Monopolies suck the big wang. Lightwave is great for smaller projects like broadcast and indy stuff, but lacks the expandability of Maya. Xsi is limited to Windows and Linux. Not a huge deal since the really big companies use Linux, but cuts out the smaller companies that use Macs (still not sure who would use a Mac for 3d, it's just too slow!). And I don't know anything about silo. Blender offers some potential for companies that can afford an R&D staff, but at the point it is now, they might as well redesign an app from the ground up.

Getting rid of Max could be a problem as well. A huge chunk of the video game industry has built there pipeline around that.

Somewhere down the line there's going to be a whole lot of unhappy people unless they can manage to keep both apps running. This is one of the reasons that Industrial Light and Magic is working so hard to develop their in house software to do so much of what Maya, Xsi, etc. already do. They won't need to depend on anyone.