temporary center of rotation and other things

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

otonal

temporary center of rotation and other things

Post by otonal »

is there a scriptmod for the rotate tool that allows temporary center of rotation?

and is there one scriptmod for the translate tool to clickselect any shapes across all/from all layers?

this is wanted for layer transform as well, i just want to click things on the stage and instanly move or rotate them without going to layermenue each time.

something like those around?
Last edited by otonal on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: temporary center of rotation

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
otonal

Re: temporary center of rotation and other things

Post by otonal »

ok now i tried it, this works fine with 9 pro BUT just for layer transformations...

what i actually need is a temporary/moveable pivot for the rotate POINTS tool.

i imagine an option for the rotate points tool to be like this:
you select any points from one or multiple shapes/lines on the same(or maybe even across several) vectorlayer/s
then, with those selected and rotate tool active, the center of rotation will happen directly where you place your cursor to drag for the rotation.
this is the most intuitive and direct rotation workflow i can think of.
after the roation is done this tempoary pivot is gone/lost immediately so there is no need to record any pivots animation like the animateorigin script does.

or a workflow like this: you set the temporary pivot first, then add all objects/points that should go round that pivot in your selection by dragging.

maybe a second feature i might like to have is an option for the rotate points tool to set and remember (changeable) pivotpostions for closed shape/vectorobjects- not only for layers. this to have the ability for fixed object pivots that move along with objects over time and to be able to alter that pivot points like the animateorgin script does.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Sorry this is just off the top of my head, but this sounds like how fazek's rotate points tool works: Set Origin for Rotating Points
Update scripts for v.9 by capricorn: Fazeks scripts
otonal

Post by otonal »

yes neeters this is actually 100 percent what i was looking for! perfect.

as i am new to using additonal scripts in anime i was not familiar with the fazek plugins

thx very very much for helping me out
this makes my day