Anime Studio pro 8.2 on mac won't let me select anything

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Stephenokeeffe

Anime Studio pro 8.2 on mac won't let me select anything

Post by Stephenokeeffe »

Hi,

I installed the wrong version of Anime Studio Pro 8 the other day. I needed 8.2 and I installed 8.0.

I now can't select anything and none of the tools appear in the workspace. I can't even use the preferences or input the serial number when I first install it. I have tried installing it from safe boot as well and still no luck. Has anyone come across anything like this before?

Any suggestions welcome.

I have a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion 10.8.3 with 16gbs or ram, it's the late 2011 model.
oakesy

Re: Anime Studio pro 8.2 on mac won't let me select anything

Post by oakesy »

Have you kept the original download dmg file. If so remove your expanded version completely and clean the system through disk utility. With original 8 dmg reinstall and add your serial number back in. Next is to update that original copy from the recently updated version 8.2 by adding the serial number requested form purchase. What you may have done is reversed the original settings the anime is not recognising.
A smile is better than a punch even when you want to.

Regards John from Merry England.

MacPro and proud.
Stephenokeeffe

Post by Stephenokeeffe »

Hi oakesy,

I will try that this evening and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the help. I'm used to windows so I don't know all the tricks like that on a mac yet.
Stephenokeeffe

Post by Stephenokeeffe »

Ok so we got a brand new iMac this morning in work and the same problem occurred. I think it's something to with mountain lion, anyone any idea's on how to get it working?