smart bone can't move switch layer

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

nextdreamanimation

smart bone can't move switch layer

Post by nextdreamanimation »

Hi, I am Tagal of Nextdreamanimation. I created smart bones for head group layer. In the head group layer, there is a mouth switch layer. I tried turning the head with smart bone for the head layer. But it can't move the switch layer. Please advise me.
porElB_

Re: smart bone can't move switch layer

Post by porElB_ »

i'm having the same problem, should we turn to morph dials instead of smart bones for the face turns?
chucky

Post by chucky »

That should work if you have the latest version.
If in doubt attach the switch group to new bone and translate that.
ASP 9.2
Last edited by chucky on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

I have a head rig with smart bone head turn and switch layer mouth (folder with 3different switch layers in fact.)
The switch layers move fine, I use layer translation (at the risk of stating the obvious.) Maybe try the switch in a folder?
wagmun

Post by wagmun »

I can't also move switch layer within smart bone.
I rigged a head with a smart bone and a mouth switch layer nested. This switch layer has several vector layers for lip syncing.
I double click the SB action to edit it. Go to one of the vector layers inside the switch layer to adjust it but then I realize I'm not "inside" the action I was editing. I'm on the "Mainline".
I realized that after I "thought" I had my swtich layer turning with the head. All adjustments were fine, but when I teste the bone, head turn perfectly, but mouth didn't move.
I did a simple rig to test that and problem repeated.
How can I edit a switch layer inside a smart bone layer in order to have it turn with the head and sync at the same time? (it syncs, but doesn't "obey" the bone movements.
Tks for your help.
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

I am having this problem with just regular bones. I made a body and arms and hands. the hands were in a switch layer and when I rigged up the bones, the hands didn't move. I had to bind the bones to the layer but I shouldn't have to do that.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Pinesal wrote:I am having this problem with just regular bones. I made a body and arms and hands. the hands were in a switch layer and when I rigged up the bones, the hands didn't move. I had to bind the bones to the layer but I shouldn't have to do that.
If you use regular bones Pinesal, the shapes you use have to be bound to that bone either by layer or point binding to move at all.