A new product of TOON BOOM.

http://www.toonboom.com/products/solo/

(Bad for me, and a bit expensive).

Regards,

CHIO.
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

Hi:

I'm very, very happy with moho. Your learning´s curve is really short, your interface is clear, is very cheap, and more, more, more.

I think people TOON BOOM COMPANY put very time in comercial and marketing in your products, and they have a serial of app to different scale studios.

I download the demo version of TOON BOOM SOLO. I think that this product is a imitative version of moho in toon boom plataform or aspect, oriented cleary to 2D CGI users, and "drawing vector users". The name select "SOLO" sound like "MOHO"... The documentation are
very big (About 750 page). I can´t play with it in 2 days.

I think MOHO is a very professional product. I don´t know how many people work in your developemnt team. But, but this isn´t important for me. If one people work in this app, I apreciatte so much.

There isn´t any software don´t resolve for us, art, layout, the script, the joke, the edition, the music. Different artist, hobbiest, or studios in general can use MAYA, 3DESTUDIO, MOHO, TAB, MIRAGE,etc. and your final product to be a disaster.

I propose (equal R.Lopez) at members to this forum evaluate many features of SOLO. I think this features can write in script. I enjoy so much with moho. I vote one more time by moho.

Hey Lost Marble Team... I would like to listen your opinion. Your next plans about new version, etc. etc.

Carlos F. Bergoglio
CHIO ANIMATION
http://www.chio-animation.com.ar
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Yes, Chio i agree.

Me and my team use moho as well and we are all very comfortable with it.
In addition we use several softwares for different points of production (like Logic, Premiere, Photoshop and many more).

So i would say: Moho really is a good 2d-animation software, but NOT an all in one solution of production.

This, though is not neccessary, because a bunch of selected high-quality-software can make much more than a "cheap" all-in-one-solution.

This is my opinion.

I think Toonboom guys recognized the good functionality of moho and try to copy it somehow...
This makes me angry... But...

At least moho is the best and i hope the next version will beat everything before. :wink:
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well... as I always have said: I LOVE MOHO!!! (you can believe it or not :)) ...But, when this marvelous program be able to render Vector Layers (al least) with a minimun of quality, I'll be very HAPPY to admit that it's a PROFESSIONAL program :D , meantime Moho can be many other good things as funny, easy, quickly, cheap, great, very comfortable (I'm TOTALY agree 8) ), and more... but not "professional", and you must know that I'm not asking for nothing weird (well, except... when I ask for the desired Sound Features? :? ) ...I'm only asking for logical things like good/detailed quality renders, logical treatment of Depth Sorting, some liberty working with keyframes (or decent Graph Mode), more Internal Moho Compatibility (or interaction between layers, I mean layers that can interchange information...), correct Effects operation, well... and sometimes seems that I'm asking for The Moon... :roll: En fin...
Last edited by Rai López on Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Ramón López wrote: you must know that I'm not asking for nothing weird... except for the sound issue, I'm only asking for things like good/detailed quality renders, logical treatment of Depth Sorting, some liberty working with keyframes (or decent Graph Mode), correct Effects operation, well... and sometimes seems that I'm asking for the moon... :roll: En fin...
I understood this, "roger that" ramon one :D
I also support many improvemt requests and i hope the next update will bring it (this would explain why LM seems not to be present for a couple of weeks) :wink:

All improvements welcome : cheers 8)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

mr. blaaa wrote:I understood this, "roger that" ramon one :D
:?: :?: :?: ( :( my poor English again...)

And... YES!!! :D And I'm very GRATEFULL mr. blaaa! I only have said that if I'd prefer another program I'd not spend my time in Moho and, of course, in write all that Feature Requests that I've wote in the history... If I do it, is only for I have faith in Moho and I want the best wishes for it (and for HE :wink: ) ...CIAO!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

CHIO wrote:Hey Lost Marble Team... I would like to listen your opinion. Your next plans about new version, etc. etc.
Hmmm... I'd be glad (very glad :D ) to listen something too, but I'm afraid that LM prefers don't reveal (just in case...) future events about Moho, yes... (If I doesn't know it... :) ) Althougt he could came here to say "HELLO!" from time to time so we could know if he is (I Hope...) ALIVE! :roll:
Last edited by Rai López on Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Ramón, i meant "Yes General!" :wink:
(shall mean: i trust you, you love moho as i do, otherwise you wouldnt try to make it even better)
Ramón López wrote:Althougt he could came to say "HELLO!" from time to time so we could know he is (I Hope...) ALIVE! :roll:
Yes, something is going on.
I don't know what... But this is somehow... strange... he disappeared... :shock:

BTW: The last post from LostMarble was Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:28 pm...
scary...
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:!: mr. blaaa! :shock: Don't SCARE to me!!! I Was only jocking :roll: ...but now I'm stating to worry about he... :(

PS: ...And this occurs just when TB Solo has been released: - it's suspicious, it's peculiar... IT'S ALARMANT!!! :shock: - (Jaja... I HOPE be only a chance... glup! :) )
Last edited by Rai López on Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Ramón López wrote:...And this occurs just when TB Solo has been released: - it's suspicios, it's peculiar... IT'S ALARMANT!!! :shock: - (Jaja... I HOPE be only a chance... glup! :) )
Well, i hope LM will soon come to the forum and post something like "Hi. I was in Amsterdam on a 6-months-Acid-Trip and now everything is okay again.".

But the thing with TB solo is really, somehow suspicious...

Maybe the evil TB kidnapped LM and forced him to give them the formula X for making a good 2D animation program. :shock:

I NEVER trusted Toonboom... They r all EVIL! :x
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:idea: ...Or maybe "Toom :evil: Boom" have bought "Lost Marble Company" and right now is... :shock: DESTROING IT!!! :cry: (just like Microsoft would do :lol: ) :x...AARRRGGGGH!!! :x

PD: :x
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Ramón López wrote::idea: ...Or maybe "Toom :evil: Boom" have bought "Lost Marble Company" and right now is... :shock: DESTROING IT!!! :cry: (just like Microsoft would do :lol: ) :x...AARRRGGGGH!!! :x

PD: :x
Ahhhhrghhhh!! :shock:
I hope we wont get into trouble somehow!? :(
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Ramón López wrote:Althougt he could came here to say "HELLO!" from time to time so we could know if he is (I Hope...) ALIVE! :roll:
HELLO!

Yes, I'm still here. A couple things have been going on - I moved to a new house and there are lots and lots of boxes to unpack and things to fix. I've also been staying away from the forums for a while on purpose - for a while I've felt like I spend all my time discussing which features may or may not come in a future update, rather than working on the update itself. In other words, I've been trying to get some actual work done. I'll be spending some more time in the forum in the near future, while trying not to let it take over my whole day.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Lost Marble wrote: HELLO!

Yes, I'm still here.
Whoohoooo LM is back again! :D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

- Well, in very first place:
:arrow: ...HELLOOO!!! :D :D :D and, uf... What a relief! :) A lot of catastrofist rumours about your absence have now disspeared, but... :roll:

- ...But now the other thing:
Lost Marble wrote:I moved to a new house
:shock: Maybe in Beberly Hills??? Definitely sounds like if "Micro :evil: soft" has bougth "Lost Marble Company"... Sniff... :cry: :cry: :cry:

...CIAO! :wink:

PS: ...and GOOD LUCK with all that mess! We'll be waiting you!!! :D