wacom pen

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

robint

wacom pen

Post by robint »

Hi

does anyone else have a problem using the pen and the add point tool
I find its a bit counter intuitive having to click and drag (as with a mouse - no problem), but with the pen its dab - drag - lift - dab, and its the lifting of then pen thats causes inaccuracies especially tracing of ink drgs where you cant see the spot too clearly

If I could just trace by dabbing points and then join after that would help, but i dont think there is a joint points facility

I found that making one of the tablet button a click helped (more like a mouse) but then I might just as well stay with the mouse (unless i want to use it for freehand)

Any tips on this?

btw i found the pen much more natural with the abominable PS pen tool cos thats just dab drag and more to next cp dab drag

not doing it right?

Robin :D
AmigaMan

Re: wacom pen

Post by AmigaMan »

No I don't find it a problem at all. I only ever use my Wacom pen/tablet (never use a mouse) and I find it easy enough. Maybe you just need to get used to using the Wacom?
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I have no problem with it either.
nobody1954

Post by nobody1954 »

It does take some getting used to. After you get the hang of it, you probably will find it much easier to use than a mouse. I us a VisTablet Penpad attached to my PC. Much better for drawing than a mouse, once you get used to it. Good luck.
robint

Post by robint »

yep its my finger trouble, i gotta unlearn PS pen tool motions

but i also removed the transparent cover from my tablet so the pen is directly touching the surface rathern than through 3mm of perspex, thats made it much better

Cheers :D