animation master

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mwtoons

animation master

Post by mwtoons »

I found this program while searching around. Has anyone here tried it? Looks pretty cool and easy for only $299US.

http://www.hash.com/products/am.asp

Very similar bones to Moho but 3d,

How does it compare to Maya and 3ds max?

mw
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Much fewer options than Maya/3D Studio, but really great if you've never used 3D (viewer options for you to get caught up in).

The tools are there. I've seen a handful of things that were done well with it (search for Killer Bean 2). It appeals more to the amatuer crowd, but I believe the tools are there to do a good 3D animation.
________
Burger king gift cards
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yeah, is a software with hight posibilities and all for that low price, very well... I was trying it and first I was surprised for all that options and for the way to work in the same line that our moho (but with 3D splines sistem, my DREAM come true :roll: ), and all that possibilities of automatation with Actions (for automatic calculation of velocity in walk cycles and more) and even Advanced Dinamics System for real simulation of forces... But with the time I knew that is not the tool for me, low renderings and several bugs that I can't explain now and many other reasons, made me finaly abandon it (for now...) Well, really is a a program to bear it in mind... Well, I'd tell you more things but is so late here... :arrow: HOPE HELP YOU!
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Something to consider with it, too, is that there are a number of really good free Ray Trace tools available on the web. That can get pretty tecky but it is an option for outputting.
________
Kitchen Measures
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

It looks great but very expensive.
There are not a demo available! Only movies.
I can't spend 300 bucks before try it. :(
A 3d moho like program should be a wet dream.
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

I tried it a couple of years ago and it pretty much put me off 3d for life. It crashed a hell of a lot (especially when using undo!). It got to the end of the year and they wanted me to pay for the allegedly fixed version. (They run it as a yearly subscription/upgrade) I was less than impressed.

Supposedly it is a lot better nowadays but it works in it's own way (splines) which means you can't really take advantage of other software (ZBrush, Silo etc etc.)
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

What do you mean? The models aren't compatible with the other 3d apps?
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

That is what I mean. I think there may be some esotoric ways of exporting but they are complicated and need some cleaning up. (I didn't ever manage it myself but there are legends of those who have)
Basically Hash splines are very different from polys and don't translate. Hash are not interested in changing this.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

And there is not a demo.
Shit, It looked a killer application , for me.

They need to lean how to market a product by the moho producer.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Squeakydave wrote:...Basically Hash splines are very different from polys and don't translate. Hash are not interested in changing this.
A bit like Moho and vector graphic then... :wink:
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Kind of. But at least Moho exports swf. :D
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Agree with Dave, a lot of crashing problems on multiple systems turned me off this potentially great program (nice bone structure and binding which looks a lot like Moho). And if there's no demo available I wouldn't recommend to buy it blindy because of potential stability issues. Try Blender, it's not as intuitive but very powerful and very free!

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I've owned the 2000 and 2003 versions of Hash A:M. Never had any crashes or issues. Sweet program but with any 3D animation program, rendering takes some time.
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

I saw the video and my jaw dropped on the floor.

It seems to be great but very expensive for me.
Why they don't release a fucking demo? I don't mean a fully working demo as the Moho demo ( with a expiring of not exporting demo I don't believe that I should purchesed demo) but also a limited one. No exporting, no saving but I need something to test! They foolish cut off a large parts of their potentially costumers.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

red hamster wrote:...No exporting, no saving but I need something to test!...
Well, without at least a saving feature it keeps off a lot of more customers :roll: